Illinois Laws On Full Auto Weapons

:unsure: :unsure: If anybody knows Illinois firearm laws in Illinois, please tell me what I'd have to go through to legally purchase a Thompson submachine gun. Thanks.

I know that you have to pay the $200.00 BATFE tax to the feds, but exactly what would I have to go through and what price would I have to pay to fulfill the lifelong dream of owning a full auto Thompson? I probably sound like an idiot, but this is all new to me.

Like so many other state where the government does not trust the people - a state where a large number of class action suits are filed due to liberal judges - have you considered taking up golf?

QUOTE (Warden @ Apr 3 2005, 07:54 PM)
I know that you have to pay the $200.00 BATFE tax to the feds, but exactly what would I have to go through and what price would I have to pay to fulfill the lifelong dream of owning a full auto Thompson?  I probably sound like an idiot, but this is all new to me.

Even if you pay the $200.00 tax they won't approve the transfer because Illinois doesn't allow individual ownership of NFA Title II firearms. Don't waste your time, move to an NFA friendly State.