Mg Ownership And Political Stability

One comment on the "lock transfers" scenario.

All of my NFA items are owned by one of my corporations. If the guns can't be transferred to a new owner, the corporation can always be sold to a new majority stockholder. Even my LLC has provisions to survive my death, and since it has its own EIN, it's its own entity.

While I might not be able to sell the NFA items, I can make anyone a member of the LLC with the full rights to use the assests of the corporation, including the NFA items. Live in a different state? Open a branch office and transfer assets to that branch. The opportunities are pretty broad, and it wouldn't take much to develp a set of standardize contracts for this procedure.

Think that the .gov wants to start screwing with regulations regarding corproate governance without something like an Enron debacle giving them the illusion of moral authority?

Why are you all feeding ideas to the idiots?

If none of them read this then fine but think of the high-cap magazine ban, it was initiated by Bill Ruger (to keep his low-cap pistols competitive with Glocks). The know-nothings said, "What? High capacity magazines? Yah-yah, we need to ban these RIGHT NOW ..... for the children." If there is talk somewhere then talk about it and how to react. But don't dream up bad scenarios and then debate them for something to do.

Right on Phil,

I see Skoda falling into the trap of thinking all the idiots are waiting for us to accidentally tell them how to take our guns.

As I said in an earlier post, they KNOW HOW and they will make every attempt to do so.

They probably even have SOP manuals with things which none of us have even thought of.

And if we don't have a forum like this one where we can all share our thoughts, then "they" have already won the battle by making us afraid to openly discuss the problem.

One of the keys for us is to expose our friends and acquaintances to our LEGITIMATE hobby/avocation in a positive light. The old adage "talking to the choir" comes to mind. As we all write back and forth to each other, what are we doing about trying to EDUCATE those people who have never been exposed to NFA? We need to RETAIN our present base, CONVERT THOSE from the opposition's base, and RECRUIT currently neutral and/or those undecided.

I've used the illegal drug comparison for years. When a friend says he didn't know you could own a mg, and he thought they were ILLEGAL, I ask him if when he reads about a drug bust in the newspaper does he call his local Eckerds Pharmacy to complain about them selling drugs? He says Of course not.

So I say, well mgs are like narcotics, you have those that are legally sold, controlled, and regulated and taxed (ie registered and transferred in accordance with the laws we must currently operate under) vs those that are ILLEGAL and UNREGISTERED.

It seems to help put things in perspective and has worked well for me in the past in trying to get my point across.

FWIW

October1971

Amen Brother Bill!!!... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif