11 1921s For $33k?

Just got back from Camp Perry - with empty wallet, of course.

Met a guy there - Alan Aronstein - works for Hi-Standard in Houston, TX. He is claiming to have bought 11 1921s for the price of 2 M16s each - or he says $3000 each http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif (or less!!).

Can anyone verify this story? Where are these (I think some PD) coming from? I have asked for s/ns of the guns when he gets them in - but I don't know if he will send them.

Boggles my mind - that kind of a deal would leave me with the pick of the litter + a new home after all the dust settles! Having searched for old cars for years I have always heard of the old Packard, Peerless, and Pierce Arrows in the barn, but damn few stories pan out to much at all.

I guess wearing my "Thompson Wanted" T shirt had at least one interesting contact so far!

Packards! Holy crap, don't tell me you like those also! Here's a few I have to look at every day at work. Yep, my boss, the owner, has about 12 or so of them. And he drives them to work every day. Or maybe a vet something in the off days.

packards

Phil,

We used to call the automatic headlight dimmer "the option that can get you shot". If the dimmer failed to work right (or you had your beams on high and forget that you had turned the auto dimmer off) and that dude with the 9 in his belt didn't take kindly to being zapped by your high beams, he just may do a u-turn and come back to give you a couple of chances to play hide the hollow point.

MP