Reising M50 Hard Case

Harvey

Hello to all,

What is the going price for a Federal Laboratories hard case for a Reising M50?

Also, what is the relative value between a blued M50 and a parkerized M50?

What are the 20 rd blued magazines worth?

When I bought my parkerized M50 it cost $700, complete with two mags. Now I'm looking at a second one which is blued, has 4 20rd mags and comes in its hardcase. Condition is decent but by no means pristine.

All help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Harvey

Edited by Harvey

Hello to all,

When I bought my parkerized M50 it cost $700, complete with two mags. Now I'm looking at a second one which is blued, has 4 20rd mags and comes in its hardcase. Condition is decent but by no means pristine.

Thanks,

Harvey

Harvey,

For the hard case, in the condition you describe, it's probably worth $400 to $500. Very good ones were up to $1K a few years ago, but prices are down now, with $600 to $700 being the high end in this market.

For the blued vs. parkerized M50's, it's all relative to the condition of the individual piece. I would not say there is any major difference in price between the two. Right now, most are selling for around $4K.

You could easily sell original, blued 20 rounders for $75 each, and you might not sell them very quickly at $110 each, but sometimes they sell that high. The likely price is probably somewhere in between. Be careful to differentiate the new, reproduction 20-rounders. I do not know how well they function, but they are out there for about $50.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Hello to all,

Thanks,

Harvey

Harvey,

For the hard case, in the condition you describe, it's probably worth $400 to $500. Very good ones were up to $1K a few years ago, but prices are down now, with $600 to $700 being the high end in this market.

For the blued vs. parkerized M50's, it's all relative to the condition of the individual piece. I would not say there is any major difference in price between the two. Right now, most are selling for around $4K.

You could easily sell original, blued 20 rounders for $75 each, and you might not sell them very quickly at $110 each, but sometimes they sell that high. The likely price is probably somewhere in between. Be careful to differentiate the new, reproduction 20-rounders. I do not know how well they function, but they are out there for about $50.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

David,

I was cleaning up my H&R XX mags and saw that there two different type roll stampings going on. (4) had the four line H&R stamping with address. (2) have a two line stamping without an address.

Are the two line stamping mags reproduction mags? I expect to be getting the M50 in about 4 weeks or so.

Darryl

Reising_1.jpg

darrylta,

Can you post a picture of the 2-line stamped magazine? I believe they are the reproduction mags that I mentioned. I wish I had taken a picture of the ones I saw at Knob Creek. I do recall that they did not have as much information stamped on them, but I do not recall the exact differences. I would like to document them for the reference thread at the top of the page.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Hello to all,

Thanks,

Harvey

Harvey: I bought my very nice blued M50 in 1977. The serial # is 6XX, making it a very early piece. It came from the New Hampshire State Police to my dealer here in Georgia and then to me. It came with a Federal Labs hardcase, 4-twenty round mags-for the princely sum of $250 plus state tax, plus the $200 federal transfer tax-total less than $500. Extra mags were $6!!! Today, I'd say the weapon would probably bring $5000. The case in very good condition-maybe $1000. The cases are a lot rarer than the Reisings. I'd say that the blued ones with a low serial # should bring more than the later parkerized ones. The 20-rd mags now sell for more than $100 each. So you are probably looking at between $5000-$6000 for a nice blued M50 with a case. Anything less would be a good deal...might even sell mine!!!

darrylta,

Can you post a picture of the 2-line stamped magazine? I believe they are the reproduction mags that I mentioned. I wish I had taken a picture of the ones I saw at Knob Creek. I do recall that they did not have as much information stamped on them, but I do not recall the exact differences. I would like to document them for the reference thread at the top of the page.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I'd like to accommodate you on the photos, at this time I do not have a HD camera. It's on my wish list, it seems that every time I get close to buying one, a Colt L drum surfaces and I buy the drum. I'm sure these other gents can help.

-Darryl

Magazines that lack:

Harrington and Richardson Arms Co.

Worchester, Mass. U.S.A.

are reproduction magazines. Real magazines have four lines of text and the reproductions have two lines of text.

texasvwnut,

Yes, that seems to be what I remember. I think the reproduction magazines said "Reising" on them, but did not have the H&R name.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com