Blank Firing Thompson

Welcome, Capn! I am sure someone will chime here. Be sure to do a search for blank firing. I bet you'll find a trove of information...

Indeed, one can blank a live Thompson, however, it's still a MG, thus subject to all applicable laws, ect. Nor, can one construct a Blank Thompson without prior ATFE approval on said design. The only real alternatives are the two I mentioned above.

You could buy a semi auto kahr m1a1 and apply for an NFA permit to put the shorter barrel on it. DON"T buy the barrel untill You get approval. Once approved You pay the $200 fee and buy the barrel from Kahr. They have them in stock. then have it mounted. then have it blanked. Reenactment units do allow the semi auto versions provided the barrels are the correct lenth. It's alot cheaper than a full auto and from what I understand its not that difficult to get the approval for the short barrel rifle. Blanking a full auto would make My skin crawl considering the value of the gun and the limited supply of them. they would be acceptable for reenactment.

Maverick

PS Don't buy the barrel till You get approval as that could be construed as intent to make an NFA weapon without permission. As silly as it sounds You could end up in hot water over it.

Edited by maverick4440

• 2 weeks later...