Anyone watch this silly [iMO] show? Especially the one about turning a browning .30 cal. into a franken-gun AKA stinger.

I know it's made for TV, but taking parts from a correct BAR and using the stock from a correct Garand is so stupid.

I guess they don't know about Gunbroker or even ebay.

I didn't watch the show so I have no clue what the gun looked like, but the word "STINGER" jarred my memory.

There was a Marine Corporal that was awarded the MOH on Iwo Jima that used a "Stinger".

As I recall the gun was a stripped down 1919A6, the Marine fired from the hip.

Jim C

I tried to watch the D-day episode but I couldn't get past the hosts grease slick hair and bad acting. It's sad because a lot of shows could be informational but then you get know nothing producers that dumb stuff up and make it useless.

Close . It was made from the Navy ANM2 .30 caliber machine gun . 2/3 the size of an A4 , 25 lbs vs 35 lbs , 1000 rpm vs 600-ish . The ones they used came off of wrecked SBD in Hawaii . They were from the twin tail guns , ergo the " Stinger" nickname . Six were made . Spent a couple of years pouring over everything known about these and the two known pictures to make a couple of semi-auto copies . Never could get anyone to build a couple of the small right side plates , so I gave up and sold the kits I had made to people with FA ANM2s , but have yet to see them installed and shot yet .

Good mix of ANM2 parts , Garand stock , Bar sight ( I used a shortened M2HB rear as the pictures show that was used on at least one of the six , but all other info says BAR rear ) and shop made trigger guards , ammo can / carrying handle / bipod bracket , aircraft ammo can , modified BAR bipod legs , A4 front sight welded into the U-hole on top , Stinger mounting bracket hand grip as the carry handle , etc . Lot of fun doing those .

Chris

I think I saw this show, or one like it once. after watching it I was thinking no wonder the public, especially the politicians of this country think NFA guns are so easy to get is when the host say, I am need of an M60, a flame thrower, and a, (insert NFA weapon here), to complete the package. They pull up to a guys house see all kinds of machine guns and then walk out with it and drive off. If it were only that easy.

Close . It was made from the Navy ANM2 .30 caliber machine gun . 2/3 the size of an A4 , 25 lbs vs 35 lbs , 1000 rpm vs 600-ish . The ones they used came off of wrecked SBD in Hawaii . They were from the twin tail guns , ergo the " Stinger" nickname . Six were made . Spent a couple of years pouring over everything known about these and the two known pictures to make a couple of semi-auto copies . Never could get anyone to build a couple of the small right side plates , so I gave up and sold the kits I had made to people with FA ANM2s , but have yet to see them installed and shot yet .

Good mix of ANM2 parts , Garand stock , Bar sight ( I used a shortened M2HB rear as the pictures show that was used on at least one of the six , but all other info says BAR rear ) and shop made trigger guards , ammo can / carrying handle / bipod bracket , aircraft ammo can , modified BAR bipod legs , A4 front sight welded into the U-hole on top , Stinger mounting bracket hand grip as the carry handle , etc . Lot of fun doing those .

Chris

My ANM2 (MG-40) has a BAR rear sight.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

it has the opportunity to be a cool show.....i like how they go off on side trips and show peoples collections

the guy is an idiot...he has some weird combover hair style and is hyper x2.....acts like he knows nothing, doesnt seem to shoot well...i dont know why they picked him....i figure he is sleeping with the producer

get a new host and i think the show would be great....ir at least introduce him to who ever does Trumps combover

Edited by huggytree

Chris

My ANM2 (MG-40) has a BAR rear sight.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Most ANM2s with rear sights have ANM2 rear sights on them :happy:

ANM2 sights are held on with 4 screws ( ala Thompson style ) rather than a BAR front to rear dovetail . They also had no range markings on the vertical post . The picture I had that showed the rear sight showed a sight with the windage knob on the left . Only the 50 M2HB had a left windage knob .

It would be far easier to cut the long mounting base down on a 50 , tape a ANM2 sight up-side down to the bottom , and drill the four needed holes using the ANM2 as a template , than milling off the dovetail from a BAR sight .

Chris

he guy is an idiot...he has some weird combover hair style and is hyper x2.....acts like he knows nothing, doesnt seem to shoot well...i dont know why they picked him....i figure he is sleeping with the producer

Looks like a D-bag hipster to me, so they use someone like that to be more appealing to the younger crowd.

The writers/producers of these shows are what really ruin it. just like all of R Lee Ermeys shows, his character and attitude showed up but the info the writers came up with a good chunk of the time was incorrect and biased.

Come to Portland, OR sometime. People here believe there is no age limit to being hipster, hippie, protester(domestic terrorist) and so on. Hell, They also believe that being homeless is the cool thing to do...

Thank goodness I don't live in portland. Just have to commute to work.

Edited by 06AngusSG