Magazine Feed Lip Tool

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am keeping a running list. At present I have completed a few and am sending one to one of the board members for evaluation and feed back. I will keep everyone apprised. I am truly grateful for all the interest and am hoping the tool meets the expectations of the board member who will be testing it.

I have completed a few so far. Unfortunately I ran out of the steel which I had on hand. I had not planed any production or anticipated such a positive response to my project. I did place an order for additional materials last week and expect delivery shortly and again begin fabrication, each one is hand made. So far I have about 30 members interested. These things are heavy so the price is going to be $115.00, each shipping included via USPS. If anyone who is on the list is no longer interested please let me know so I can move other orders up.

Thanks for your interest.

I will be picking up an order of steel tomorrow and I will then be able to resume making the feed lip repair tools. Thanks to all who have expressed an interest. I have you on the list.

Not sure where I am on the list, but would like to request either #15 or #45...

Thanks again for taking the effort to manufacture these tools. :D

#15 it is and thanks

I want pi!

You'll have to wait till he gets around to it.

I am doing my best but is a slow process and when I ran out of material the process stopped all together and of course life always seems to throw a few curves. Rest assured I am working on them.

Not sure if I got on the list, but I will take one.

Let me know how much and where to send the funds.

Thanks,

Tom

2t2. you are high on the list. Thanks

I was Tiz's "tester" for this project. Mag #1 simply had the feed lips out of adjustment. No sweat. Remove the floor plate, spring, and follower and insert the tool and clamp into a vise. The 5/16" bolt does need clearance between the ends of the mag body under the back of the magazine. I used two numbered drill bits to open it up. I was done with that mag in maybe five minutes, tops. Mag #2 was dented on the right side and just below where the follower trips the mechanism to lock the bolt open. The tab on the rear of the follower was bent too. With the help of the tool, the dent on the side came out easily with the help of a nylon padded hammer. The feed lips were way out of alignment. I used a 4 oz ball peen hammer to tap them into the proper position. The last dent was a challenge, but the tool helped there as well.

All in all, I think he did a great job with it and it's well worth the money.

As the Mag Feed Lip Repair Tools are completed I am contacting board members via PM in the order in which they posted their interest in purchasing a tool. If you expressed an interest please keep an eye on your PM. If you are no longer interested please let me know as well so I can update the list.

Thanks to all for your interest.

The list is still open if you would like one and are not on the current list. Price is $115.00 each and includes shipping.

I want pi!

I am doing my best but is a slow process and when I ran out of material the process stopped all together and of course life always seems to throw a few curves. Rest assured I am working on them.

Tiz;

My reply was meant only as a mathematical pun, not an objection to your pace of production.

~ Lost in translation

I want pi!

Tiz;

My reply was meant only as a mathematical pun, not an objection to your pace of production.

~ Lost in translation

Sorry that I didn't pick up on that. I thought you were a little upset with my progress.