Special Unusual M60

I thought I would share a pics of an M60 I have acquired. As a relic collector I try and obtain rarer examples and from different periods of conflict, also because in the UK owning live examples is an impossibility

This is one that I think will interest many on here. This recently came back from Vietnam via Saigon, along with some other bits and pieces, it is largely complete apart from the butt stock and the bipod legs which have corroded off near the top.

I would like to acquire at some point a butt stock to complete the look of it, and some bipod legs just to prop it up again, which is how they look best, I have yet to start some conservation and cleaning work but it will stay pretty much as it is, I wonder if it has a story it could tell !

post-258248-0-46950000-1437502285_thumb.jpg

post-258248-0-63160500-1437502383_thumb.jpg

post-258248-0-61914400-1437502459_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Having left Hanoi, Vietnam yesterday to return to the U.S., I can say that I wish this was the sort of thing I could have brought back as a souvenir! Instead, I brought back rice hats, a Vietnamese Army helmet, and several silk items and figurines for my daughters....

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Yes it has a story to tell... ask those who 'dug" it where it came from. Many similar things are being dug in France etc, and depending on the location, there can be many things that come from that. Recommend asking who, and where it came from. Translators can be arranged if necessary.

Good hunting.

If you can raise an serial number that will help. It could be linked to a unit.

Semper FI,

Sandman1957

I saw a pair of re welded m60 legs on eBay, I think...

Edit: they sold today...

They're available but expensive and exporting them might be a hassle.

Buttstocks are easy to find, but the export problem is still there.

Sorry you can't have a live example. This is a fun gun to shoot. My E3:

post-2086-0-04809000-1437536332_thumb.jpg

Edited by m60mgman

I got this via a third party and there are no precise details as to it's exact origin,

I have a few relics as mentioned from France, and looking at this, I don't think it has been buried, there is no sign of impacted dirt, just corroded, I think too deep though to yield any serial numbers sadly, when I get time, I will start working on it.

As for bits thinks like buttstocks etc are safe to import, I got a buttstock for my relic Lewis gun I posted on the Lewis gun section a while ago.

I have a few other bits from Vietnam, a couple of M16 barrels, I do know they were trawled up by fishermen in the Mekong Delta but that is a vast area, and a spare M60 barrel, which amazingly the bipod legs still fold and unfold. I am hoping for a good M16 relic at some point, but it is very hit and miss as to what may turn up.

Visiting the US and doing what you guys do is an ambition of mine

post-258248-0-71838300-1437560015_thumb.jpg