Magazine Loading

vern21

How does everyone load their 30 round mags? The 12 and 20 rounders I always just loaded with my fingers unassisted, but the new 30's are a bit of a pain in the fingers. I know some guys use devices to assist in loading handgun mags, but never thought I would use one until I received the new mags. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jim

I load my Reising magazines by hand. I have a couple of 30 rounders, and I guess it's never occurred to me that I need a loader.

The only loader I use regularly is for my Sten, and you can ask friends I shoot with how many times I've brought the Sten without remembering the loading tool. That usually limits the Sten to about 20 rounds, and leaves the shooter with a sore thumb. TD was joking about buying a Sten loader to keep in his kit, so he can still shoot it when I forget mine. I'll probably not forget it again, as I repositioned it in my magazine locker, so that if I pull out a Sten magazine, I will knock over the loader.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

David,

I carry my grease gun to the range in one of those Doskocil hard cases. That's the only thing I use the case for. I don't store the gun in the case, But I do keep 3 mags and 2 loaders in the case at all times.

Never forgot a mag or loader.

Jim C

• 1 month later...

Unless keystone has improved them the tab or finger that pushes the bullet down is too far forward, forward of the feed lips. I cut the downward pointing part off and put a small bolt thru the remaining piece further back, behind the feed lips. It works well and really saves your fingers.

• 2 weeks later...

Reising mags aren't terrible to load by hand, but I still prefer to use a loading tool. I'm not sure if they're still available, but I use one I bought from Ken Christie a while ago. It seems to work fine.

I'm guessing an enterprising person could make some up on a 3D printer.

• 4 years later...

Morning:

I know this is an OLD topic BUT At 70 years of age loading my Reising Model 50 magazines is painful. If anyone has a magazine loader that works on the 20 and 30 round magazines could you send me a picture of your loader so I can have one made or if you have an extra loader and would sale it I am a BUYER!!

You can send the picture to:

policeman2502@yahoo.com
Thank you!!
Steve

• 8 months later...

This may be a bit too late, but I’m in the process of refining a sturdily designed mag loader for the Reising 50. Pushing rounds into my Ken Christie 30 rounders has just about destroyed my thumbs, and along with that, my joy in shooting!

I’m working on version 3.0 at present and waiting for my printer to finish.  This is a picture of version 2.0, roughed out to adjust for fit.

Once I get the operational aspects done, I’ll pretty ‘em up a bit and lose the sharp edges. Probably offer the final version for sale if there’s any interest. 

John W

Camp Verde, AZ

42E82966-30EB-4628-8601-BF20C50805C8.jpeg

Call Keystone and speak to Krystal.    They have a metal one and a plastic one that has Kristie products molded in the side of the plastic loader.   I first bought the metal one and it would not fit over several of my 20rnd mags for some reason.    I exchanged it for their plastic loader and it works like a charm.    I have two 30s and 3 20s and problem solved.

Incidentally I got on a list with Keystone for 30 rnd mags when they get them made up.   

Keystone   570-491-4867