Phila Ordnance Full Auto Blank Gun Revisited

• 1 year later...

In episode 2 of season 1 of The Man In the High Castle, a pair of high ranking Nazis are ambushed in New York City by Thompson wielding members of the resistance. At 1:32 of the clip linked below, you can see the characteristic flat muzzle crown of the Phila. Ord. blank guns apparently used in the film. Right, Bob?

• 6 months later...

Bob,

Are you still working on the 1928A1 Blank-Firing-Only Thompson upper-assemblies (?).......or complete 1928A1 Blank-Firing-Only Thompsons (?).........and current pricing (?).

I put my name on your list some time ago.......haven't heard anything.....so I thought I would ask.

Let me know when more are available.

Thanks,

RichardS

US Army, RET

Blanksguy2001@outlook.com

AFTER A ALMOST NOW 3 YEAR DEAL....the fun 1921/28 interested blank gun has really waned for me sadly.I understand pretty cool. but probably next stop $5,000.00 bucks. wish Bob luck The retirement train stops at the station for all of us once, if lucky enough to make it.RON K.

In episode 2 of season 1 of The Man In the High Castle, a pair of high ranking Nazis are ambushed in New York City by Thompson wielding members of the resistance. At 1:32 of the clip linked below, you can see the characteristic flat muzzle crown of the Phila. Ord. blank guns apparently used in the film. Right, Bob?

You've made me determined to watch this series.

Some good attention to detail; they used actual fired brass.

Often, the fired crimped blanks are all that's lying on the ground for the camera.

(They did drop into a rather tidy pile).

Edited by mnshooter

You've made me determined to watch this series.

Some good attention to detail; they used actual fired brass.

Often, the fired crimped blanks are all that's lying on the ground for the camera.

(They did drop into a rather tidy pile)

Great series! Incredible detail. It's the only thing I've ever binge watched. Twice.

Bob's M1A1 blank gun is one of the most enjoyable purchases I ever made. Marvelous quality. I thought the price to be more than reasonable.

There are some very authentic looking repro WWII Thompson accessories on the market right now. Web M1917 and M3 slings, cases, mag bags, etc., are easily found and don't cost much.

Edited by TSMGguy

I am not aware that Phila Ordnance blank guns were used for this movie. They may have been, but I do

not know. I am intrigued by the close up of the fired cases falling to the ground. They are clearly ball ammo cases.

The Phila Ordnance blank gun uses star-crimp brass blanks and to my knowledge this is true of most Hollywood

guns as well, even original guns that are modified to shoot blanks. When blank guns are fired out of a Thompson

they are ejected to the right and do not drop straight to the ground as in the video. It is possible that for the

close-ups ball brass (as opposed to crimp blank brass) was dropped to the ground by hand.

We are making parts to assemble more guns. I have been trying to get other shops to help with the manufacture

of parts, especially bolts and trigger frames. So far no one will touch the bolt (too difficult) and the prices for the

trigger frames are double or triple what we can make them for here. So yes, there is quite a backlog of orders.

Bob/Phila Ord

I am not aware that Phila Ordnance blank guns were used for this movie. They may have been, but I do

not know. I am intrigued by the close up of the fired cases falling to the ground. They are clearly ball ammo cases.

The Phila Ordnance blank gun uses star-crimp brass blanks and to my knowledge this is true of most Hollywood

guns as well, even original guns that are modified to shoot blanks. When blank guns are fired out of a Thompson

they are ejected to the right and do not drop straight to the ground as in the video. It is possible that for the

close-ups ball brass (as opposed to crimp blank brass) was dropped to the ground by hand.

We are making parts to assemble more guns. I have been trying to get other shops to help with the manufacture

of parts, especially bolts and trigger frames. So far no one will touch the bolt (too difficult) and the prices for the

trigger frames are double or triple what we can make them for here. So yes, there is quite a backlog of orders.

Bob/Phila Ord

Thank you for the update, Bob. I’m sure the pandemic hasn’t helped either. Don’t take me the wrong way for inquiring, I was just hoping to find out what was going on. I know myself and others have been in the queue for quite some time now and some were starting to wonder what was happening. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you when my slot comes up.