Inter American marked Thompson

i have a marked Savage M1 Auto Ordnance (papered M1a1)I am trying to figure out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

It has stamped on the receiver INTER AMERICAN

It also has stamped on it below that in one area: SAC' TO CA on it.

gEg with circle stamp- inspector

5 digit gun. L rear sight looks arsenal refinished. e mail for pics if you can help or need them.

What can you tell me about Inter American or the markings? It also has the fixed bolt design. Thanks for the help. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Hi,

This would be the mark of the importer that reimported the gun from overseas years ago. Lots of Thompsons were brought back years ago and the importers were required to mark the gun in some fashion.

The company was probably based in Sacramento, CA. I think this topic came up once quite awhile ago on the old list.

Inter American Import, Sacramento Ca. Was one of several gun wholesale & import companies operated from Sacramento since the before the 70’s when I became aquatinted with them. If it was a gun and could be imported, they did.

If by "fixed bolt" you mean the firing pin is machined into the bolt face, this woudl be the M1A1 model

Inter American Import, Sacramento Ca. Was one of several gun wholesale & import companies operated from Sacramento since the before the 70’s when I became aquatinted with them. If it was a gun and could be imported, they did.

If by "fixed bolt" you mean the firing pin is machined into the bolt face, this would be the M1A1 model

I have a bunch of stuff from them. They are still around, but go by many names. Old Sacramento Armoury, New Helvetia and NMC to name a few. Based at 2215 J Street, Sacto Ca. They answer the phone "Sales" and won't know what you are talking about when you ask about them importing pre-samples.

FWIW, I believe there is just such a marked Thompson featured on page 119 of American Thunder.