USGI parts interchange

Basically everything except the trigger group itself and even then the housing and safety can be machined to fit . The bolt itself will interchange but the rear block holding the secondary firing pin would have to be moved over to the new bolt group and the new firing pin fitted to the gun .

Chris

Oh , yeah , the slide is modified and I believe the block that slips into it is , too . The gas regulators interchange , but the holes in the gas regulator have to be opened up ( drilled out bigger ) to give more gas so as to have the power to cock the hammer .

Chris

CJL was talking/advising to me about my Monitor build, the GI gas regulators have to be drilled out . The NES ones fit nicely in a OOW gas tube cylinder, some don't. The early OOW 18s had a combination of all sorts of things, all original BAR parts tho. Winchester, NES etc. Have not checked the NES slide to see if it was modified. Monitor of course will be , IF, I ever get the BAR kit from them. Should of started this project 20 years ago.

OCM

Edited by OCM

• 3 weeks later...

"the GI gas regulators have to be drilled out."

Wouldn't the largest hole in the GI regulator be about equivalent to the middle or smallest hole in the OOW regulator? In other words, wouldn't the gun work -- if it was clean, before fouling buildup -- with an unmodified GI regulator on the largest setting?

Close .

GI spec 0.055 / 0.063 / 0.0725

OOW spec 0.076 / 0.0885 / 0.093

Now , before you get all excited about drilling big holes , consider .

You are not going to be fighting off the hordes through the mud and gunk for days on end firing thousands of rounds without cleaning .

A nice tight new build will use a bit more gas than one broken in even if both are well lubed .

A3s usually will function new with M2 ball spec ammo in the middle setting .

When broken in , they may function on small setting .

You may want to shoot 180 grain moose loads sometime ( maybe all that's available ).

You can always redrill bigger , kinda hard to redrill smaller .

I'd start with 0.063 - ish / 0.076 / 0.0885 and go from there .

Chris

Edited by emmagee1917