• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 DZelenka

DZelenka

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:10 PM

Not uncommon for Pre May Sales Samples to list both the manufacturer and importer in the same box. IAC Imported Sales Samples in the 70s and eighties. Sometimes a Sales Sample is sold as a transferable and it is corrected down the road.

If you’re not sure or want to know as much as the original entry into the NFRTR. I recommend a FOIA request. Looks like some of the guys have done so.

The FOIA process saved us from purchasing an advertised C&R Guide Lamp M3A1 grease gun.

It was transferred to a dealer on a Form 4 from a former FFL/SOT. The results, it was a Sales Sample Imported in the early 1980s.

Best to error on the side of caution if you’re not sure.

The seller from whom I bought my M3 was the original purchaser from International Armament Corporation in March of 1964. I have copies of both the original receipt and Form 5 to that individual. Apparently at that time, ATF would allow a tax free transfer to a police officer if he had approval from the department. I think I also did a FOIA on this gun. I will have to look.

Dan

#22 DZelenka

DZelenka

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:12 PM

Here it is.

Attached Files

#23 DZelenka

DZelenka

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:20 PM

Hmmm. The Form 5 from IAC to may seller only says Guide Lamp Division of General Motors.

Attached Files

#24 John in IN

John in IN

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:54 PM

I love seeing that old paperwork!  Look at that price! :)

Thanks for sharing!

John