Stolen Model of 1921 Thompson - Serial Number 11320

Stolen Thursday in Lincoln New Mexico. Has anyone seen this gun? Does anyone know S/N?

http://www.abqjournal.com/638881/abqnewsseeker/thief-takes-tommy-gun-from-lincoln-county-courthouse.html

"Someone took a Tommy gun from the Lincoln County Courthouse early Thursday, and New Mexico State Police are investigating.

According to a State Police news release, a thief gained access to the courthouse around 5 a.m. by breaking a window and subsequently stole a 1921 Thompson submachine gun, also known as a Tommy gun, which was part of a lawman’s exhibit.

State Police are reviewing surveillance video and their investigation continues.

The Lincoln County Courthouse is one of several historic properties that compose the Lincoln Historic Site in the southeastern New Mexico community of Lincoln. It is one of eight New Mexico Historic Sites and a division of the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs."

Just makes you sick to think about. A lot of honest people won't ever get to even see one of these in person much less shoot one. And this jack-ass does this.

I'd rather one sit there in a museum to be at least appreciated than be in some thief's bedroom closet...

Very sad to hear this. My uncle Tom Sullivan was the longest serving Sheriff of Lincoln County, New Mexico, and passed away a couple of years ago. He had this Thompson at his office while he served as Sheriff. Sometime after he left, Colt #11320 was put on display at the museum, and it certainly hurts to hear that it's been stolen.

Here are some pictures of the gun on display that were taken by a member here a few years ago.

NO 11320 crop resize.jpg

NO 11320 resized.jpg

NO 11320 display sign.jpg

I'll post some photos of my uncle in his office with this Colt as soon as I can find them.

I sure hope it is recovered, and recovered intact soon.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

The stupid things you have to do to look at a news clip!

I wonder what the thief had in mind to steal a 'thompson' from law enforcement?

What did he have in mind ?

Nothing.

That's why he makes his living as a thief.

David,

Could you pin this topic with the serial number added to the title to the top of the page and the top of the Colt serial number page? I thought it would be good to easily make it known this serial number is stolen if anyone looks for information on it.

Ron

I doubt it, the Obama regime would like nothing better than a machine gun to be used in a crime.

Mum's the word.

-Darryl

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Doesn't sound like a thug raid of opportunity---I would think a planned heist.

• 2 months later...

Just curious, any updates on the fate of this piece of history?

I truly hope it is recovered intact.

As for the fate of the thieves, I hope for a less positive outcome for them.