Howdy all... I happen to come across in my neat stuff pile an original transit chect from WW2 filled with four 100 round Bren gun drums, the original directions, bracket, winder, & loading block... It is marked to a WW2 Canadian Dragoon Rgmt... Im thinking of selling it... Any idea of the value???

Buck

There are two styles the: Mrk-I & Mrk-II but a nice set up like that goes for around $5k, plus or minus for condition. I see that IMA finally sold their single BREN drums they were $1,000 to $1,500 depending on the model and they looked in good condition. So with the chest you see where that price comes from. Best of luck, you have a rare piece of history there.

Trog

There are two styles the: Mrk-I & Mrk-II but a nice set up like that goes for around $5k, plus or minus for condition. I see that IMA finally sold their single BREN drums they were $1,000 to $1,500 depending on the model and they looked in good condition. So with the chest you see where that price comes from. Best of luck, you have a rare piece of history there.

Trog

Peter,

Good to see you finally post here! Hope to see you on here more.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Howdy all... I happen to come across in my neat stuff pile an original transit chect from WW2 filled with four 100 round Bren gun drums, the original directions, bracket, winder, & loading block... It is marked to a WW2 Canadian Dragoon Rgmt... Im thinking of selling it... Any idea of the value???

Buck

Realistically, you'll probably get around $2K. I have the same chest with the 4 drums. With parts like these, they are worth what someone is willing to pay, and there arent many people looking for Bren Drums.

The Mk-I drums have one winder handle for four drums. The Mk-II drums have a winder handle built into each drum, and thus are more desirable.

FYI- $4-5k seems high but I've seen them go on the boards for that much and they sell. Not sure if the prices were negotiated lower but that was their asking price and yes there aren't too many people in need of them.

The Mk-I drums have one winder handle for four drums. The Mk-II drums have a winder handle built into each drum, and thus are more desirable.

FYI- $4-5k seems high but I've seen them go on the boards for that much and they sell. Not sure if the prices were negotiated lower but that was their asking price and yes there aren't too many people in need of them.

here's my MK1 drum set w/box.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/sale/brendrum.jpg

I've had them for sale for almost a year for $4K, and just lowered them to 3K. I've received a bunch of offers for $2K. They are a cool piece of Bren history, but I'd rather sell the drums and spend the $ on ammo to fill the cheap 30rd magazines:)

• 5 months later...

Well, I have the wood chest and handle but could only afford ONE drum from IMA Note, there is a bracket that allows the drum to be attached to the Bren.

Really, this setup is mainly for anti-aircraft use, not as a ground gun.

Got the wood chest an unusual way, a friend spotted it at a gun show and picked it up for me. The dealer was selling bayonets out of it!