Xx Mags (not For Shooting) Cheap?

Fellas,

I looking for a few XX mags to display with my MGC modelgun. I want to store them in the ammo box on my 42 Harley. I know some of you guys have some problem mags that do not shoot well. That is what I am after. I need a half dozen that are in decent displayable condition for a good price.

I bought 7 mags from the Sportsman's Guide recently, and while they appeared to be in bad shape in the plastic wrappers, they cleaned up pretty well. They are in dirty cosmoline, and appear to be from British stock, as some have the mag well holes soldered. They have obviously been through some heavy use, but they all work and are cosmetically acceptable.

Out of the 7 mags, there was one patent date mag that turned out to be the very rare version with the slanted dash, and the internal "MSCO" marking that was referenced by Murray in the following post on this website:

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invb...&hl=patent+date

I believe this version of the XX mag was also referenced in the TCA newsletter at some point. Now I have 2 of that particular rare XX magazine.

I also received an A-O XX mag in the SG batch that has the "USCO" internal marking.

Needless to say, I was happy with the batch of mags I bought from the SG. I probably had a very good "luck of the draw."

Mine cost me about $15 each with the membership that I already had, and a $10 coupon that gets e-mailed out at least once a month to SG members.

I can understand that other experiences may differ than mine, but I decided to take a chance on the SG XX mags, and did very well, indeed. I'm careful about what products I purchase from them, and have never been dissatisfied.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I ordered two, they screwed up order sent one and I've sent it back three times trying to get one that will feed. all mine have had bent feed lips.

BB