Pk Does Great Work He Modified My Bd 22 Kit So I Can Leave The Ejector

You are very fortunate to have gotten your rig to PK so fast.........and back..outstanding

Did you even try it out first??? I did and it was OK with CCI MiniMag

He does indeed do great work.

I am sending mine back to him to have the BD work done and a 9mm barrel change etc.

If there is anything else ya'll think is doable, especially involving a drum please let me know-

PK already did my WH, trued and blued and replaced everything but the upper receiver with Savage parts.

The TSMG is going to be my new mouse gun for grins at MG shoots where I normally only shoot water cooled guns.

Mark

I want to be sure there is clear understanding of what has occurred here. I developed this modification in conjunction with the installation of a kit as part of a job that had waited out the queue. Merle was quite interested (we do talk) and I agreed to do his barrel in the hope that this could be incorporated into any future production. Joe came along at exactly the right moment and I decided to modify his barrel along with Merles just to expand the level of experience.

I felt that the potential benefit to the community as a whole justified the relatively small impact this effort has had on the general work currently in progress, and hope those who have waited so patiently will understand and be supportive of the effort.

I want to be sure there is clear understanding of what has occurred here. I developed this modification in conjunction with the installation of a kit as part of a job that had waited out the queue. Merle was quite interested (we do talk) and I agreed to do his barrel in the hope that this could be incorporated into any future production. Joe came along at exactly the right moment and I decided to modify his barrel along with Merles just to expand the level of experience.

I felt that the potential benefit to the community as a whole justified the relatively small impact this effort has had on the general work currently in progress, and hope those who have waited so patiently will understand and be supportive of the effort.

I think it also accurate to say that PK can sometimes accept small jobs outside of the current multi-year wait for more extensive projects. This policy is unfair to no one.

The only reason that I have not purchased one of these kits is because of this ejector issue, which keeps the kit from being a true drop-in. If this is addressed and remedied, I'll buy a kit yesterday!

When I purchased a new Vector Uzi, I bought their .22 conversion kit at the same time. With just a little fiddling and careful ammo selection, it's become utterly reliable. It's great that there are no modifications required to the gun for installation, not even short term. You drop in the beautifully finished, steel reinforced aluminum bolt and change out the barrel and magazine. Done!

Oddly, the Vector .22 kit functions poorly when clean. The groadier it is and the thicker the powder residue, the better it works! I theorize that the crud acts as a lubricant.

Edited by TSMGguy

By all means, do the 7.62x25 conversion. PPsh drums work just fine, so do PPs-43 stick mags

While I would indeed want the 7/62 x 25 conversion with drums I am not currently aware this is possible-

I know it works fine with stick mags but until I hear directly from PK on the drum issue I will pass-

I bought a doen Suomi drums several years ago in the hope Stoney Creek Armory would be making a 9mm drum capable upper for the old Fat Macs- Didn't happen so at least now I will have something to use them on when I get mine converted-

I sent mine to PK several years ago for the complete makeover but no caliber changes- Didn't know they existed-

I am interested in the mod....will it be available to have done.....can I get pictures and do it myself? Bought the kit and have not installed it yet.

Apriav,

I like your Sumner quote, it infers that the government steals our money after it's been produced and saved. I think it may come to that at some point with our 401K and retirement accounts. As for now, they steal it up front before we ever see it much less save it. I guess it's less painful that way.

Disgusted,

Darryl

Edited by darrylta