Bridgeport 1928 Ac On Subguns

That's a "loaded" question and you will get all kinds of answers "fired" back at you expressing a whole wide range of opinions. The question you should be asking is; "do 'I' think it's a fair price? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nono.gif

MIke Hammer

Some have been asking 22 - 28K for AO 28's which I think is rediculous. This gun sounds nice, matching upper and lower, low mileage (at least in the last 25 years) and an AO drum. I would think 18k is a better price.

With a little effort you can get to the pictures. It has an L site and verticle grip, smooth barrel.

And the x after the serial number. What does that mean guys?

WW2 1928s are no longer in the teens, that area is reserved for the Westy and M1/M1A1 class of Thompsons. The most desirable TSMG has the Lyman adjustable sight, finned barrel, knurled actuator, matching upper and lower, not rusted to hell, not shot so much it wont work right, etc... these sell for 22-25K and climbing.

20 is a fair price and it wont be on that board the week.

Looks like a very nice piece. Some speculate that it was a commercial production either pulled from the war line for sale to a PD or other agency, or built from leftovers post-war. It is nearly identical to the Mobile PD gun I have, except the "U.S." is not ground off like mine.

If you've got the coins, looks decent to me. I doubt that I would sell mine for that.

Ken

If he's close to Indianapolis, I can look at it for you. The better deal is all 3 guns for $28K. Could probable get them for $25K. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

WW2 1928s are no longer in the teens, that area is reserved for the Westy and M1/M1A1 class of Thompsons

these sell for 22-25K and climbing

Next year it'll be 30K

What is it with this board that whenever someone asks for the fair price of a Thompson the bar immediately gets pushed to the latest asking prices? .

Didn't a WH 28 just sell on Gunbroker for 11,550? Where were all the buyers willing to pay in the teens?

I agree that this 28 probably won't last long with an asking price of 20K but I believe this board has done a lot to push up the prices with constantly validating whatever number someone pulls out of the air.

I don't validate what buyers pay sellers, market transactions do. Finding one low or high transaction does not establish market price. I would like to see your face when an appraiser used the lowest sales in the neighborhood to determine the value of your property. You would be furious.

You cant take one sale and base the entire machine gun market on that one gun. A board member got 16 for a Westy recently. This certainly does not make every Westy worth 16K nor does one gunbroker sale at 11.5K.

Your original post says that 18K would be a better price than 20K. 16 would be a better price than 18K right? OF COURSE.

The gun in question is worth the asking price (not to mention the extras). If the guy would have come on here asking if it was worth 26K or something, I would have told him no way.

Sorry to jump on your ass about this, but... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nutkick.gif

You cant take one sale and base the entire machine gun market on that one gun. A board member got 16 for a Westy recently. This certainly does not make every Westy worth 16K nor does one gunbroker sale at 11.5K

I totally agree, but I do find it interesting that a WH 28 put up for auction, with a buy it now price of 12,500, did not reach the presumed market value. I think an auction can be a better indicator of the true demand than the SPF's on subguns or one board member getting 16k for WH. (Joe Devine not withstanding)

My point is, not long ago folks on this board were chuckling at the asking price of 22.5 for a Bridgeport 28 and now it seems to be accepted that 22 - 25k is the going rate. I would like to see more empirical evidence.

But we've beat this dead horse many time before... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/banghead.gif

I would like to see your face when an appraiser used the lowest sales in the neighborhood to determine the value of your property. You would be furious

Since my property taxes are based on the appraised value of my house and I'm not selling, my house or my THompson, I'd have a big smile on my face http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

WOW you know what would be real neat...if somebody had 100 thompson's and decided he wanted to get back what he paid...and offered them all for $5,000.00 each...

everybody tripping all over the place to buy them..cutting throat's..e-mailing and calling like crazy...

and that might even bring the market down for awhile..kinda like the brit part's and drum thing did lately...and the 28 and m1 part's kit thing..

if they ever get those c-drum's out of the ukraine.i will buy one for $500.00 just to use it as a paperweight..

along with my al capone deskset.

if somebody bought all three.i know the seller's happy.he has x-mas "Thompson Cash"wink!

and mini-14's at now $6,000.00>yeah yeah and aac556 and f's.................i still think they should be $10,000.00 each.. because made in the good/ole u.s.a. sniff...

and ruger still has part's....

take care,ron