Ima Lyman Sights

I noticed that IMA was selling Lyman sights for $295.00. I was thinking of replacing the factory sight on my WH and was wondering if anyone had purchased one from IMA recently and could comment on the quality/condition. Thanks!

Bruce: Over the past year or two I've bought two or three from them and the ones I received looked in unused NOS condition, bluing was excellent as well. The WH rear sight is poorly made and they often fall apart, so replacing with this sight would be a nice upgrade...while they are still available! If you do plan on installing one, make sure you get it properly riveted on to the upper, a cheap pop rivit job will not be good enough for installing. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Mike Hammer

Thanks for the input. I'm going to send my upper to PK to get the compensator pinned; I'm tired of using teflon tape to hold it on. Figured I might as well replace the rear sight at the same time to finish the overhaul. IMA's price looked pretty reasonable given what others are selling for elsewhere.

Got one about 6 months ago. NOS. Excellent. Don't know what stock is like now but the one I got was perfect.

My $.02

CJR