Drum Parts Of Evilbay

Just saw these out on evilbay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

I think these were out here before - Deerslayer (I thought) bid on one. Anyone know anything about these?

I did ask him for pics of both sides where you could read the lettering. No responses yet - I will post if I get a reply.

That is a "XL" drum with out the rotor in it. Notice there is no print on the front or back. And there is no hole in the center post. Looks like it was re-blued also. Worth about $10 if you have a "XL". I've got 2 and they are just really to look at. Sometimes they run fine, sometimes they don't.

I believe it is one of the display drums that were made for the MGC display Thompsons in the 1960s and 1970s. There are no markings on it and I guess some were actually used by to make the West Hurley drums. It certainly isn't a 1921 drum body and cover. Original 1921 drums didn't have the drain slots on the cover and body plates.

Here's the inside of a "XL" or 39 round drum from my web site. This is one of mine.

http://mikesmachineguns.homestead.com/files/39rd_drum/39_inside_body.JPG

Well for the fun of it I thought I would bid a little on the parts.

I have the idea of making a table lamp using my old 16" barrel and an extra front grip. Thought that the drum could be used as a base or for effect. Even if you won it with the thought of making it work it would be well over 200 when finished, so why bother.

Thanks for the info guys, I also think it is either a MGC or an XL. No guides, but as Mike's pic shows - I don't think there are guides in an XL, just a big internal hub. Are there guides in a MGC? I haven't seen inside one yet.

But - the "light" gun does seem like the best idea for this - unless you want it for a dummy (I bought an X drum for that!).