eForms return user account problems

fifthmdec

Any one else experience problems with the updated eForms account protocol for resetting their password. Keep getting a user ID or Password incorrect.

It happens when we click on the link in the email to put in the temporary password.

We login, put in our username and the temporary password contained in the email. Get no further.

We’ve made it a couple of times to the next phase after that. Follow the process, then the same error message pertaining to the user id and, or password.

We’ve had the account for years.

I would rather not have to call the help desk. Any imput would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Tried to use the suggested username to reset the password via the email link that contained the temporary password.

I have tried it on all of the browser and operating systems that we have. Latest updates to the apple stuff, Chrome on an android platform, Chrome and Edge on the desktop. No go.

We’ve managed to get to the enter your new password section a couple of times. But received error messages as stated above in both username formats. Maybe we’ve lost something in the translation on our end, including the instruction link in the original notice.

Who knows what’s happening on their end?

We usually use Chrome on the desktop. Works with the Edge browser too.

Got me?

Outbound call to the HD on Monday.

Appreciate the input…

If you aren't able to reset your password with the emailed temp password, contact the ATF Help Desk at 877-875-3723 and they will manually reset your account password for you. You'll still need to have APPAUTH\ in front of your username when you log in.

The APPAUTH is automatically placed in if you use your original login. I just did it and it automatically did it for me.

Okay so here are the steps.. since I just did it a few minutes ago:

1. Goto https://eforms.atf.gov/login

2. Press the "Forgot Password?" located right under the Log in button.

3. Enter your User Name in the text box and press the "Next" button.

4. Enter in your associated email address. and press "Next" button.

5. Go to you email and get your temporary password. Email will be from "eforms.notifications@atf.gov"

6. Click the link "HERE" in the email and enter in your user name and password. Note don't worry about adding any thing in front of your name.. it autofilled for me.

7. User name, current password (the temporary one), enter in your new password. After you Submit, it would bring you back to the main login.. just Login again.

Hope that helps.

Tried again yesterday, several times. Got the type in your temporary password. That failed. I think that it may be the password auto fill on the IPad. Turned that off today. Got rid of the old login password and deleted the website bookmark on all computers, etc.

Since the system is down today. We’ll give the help desk a call tomorrow, if the system is up and running.

Appreciate all of the feedback. I did follow all of the suggestions.

Thanks Again

The APPAUTH is automatically placed in if you use your original login. I just did it and it automatically did it for me.

Okay so here are the steps.. since I just did it a few minutes ago:

1. Goto https://eforms.atf.gov/login

2. Press the "Forgot Password?" located right under the Log in button.

3. Enter your User Name in the text box and press the "Next" button.

4. Enter in your associated email address. and press "Next" button.

5. Go to you email and get your temporary password. Email will be from "eforms.notifications@atf.gov"

6. Click the link "HERE" in the email and enter in your user name and password. Note don't worry about adding any thing in front of your name.. it autofilled for me.

7. User name, current password (the temporary one), enter in your new password. After you Submit, it would bring you back to the main login.. just Login again.

Hope that helps.

I followed these instructions and got it on the second try, Thank You for posting these.

Successful with a manual password from the help desk. Gonna need to change that temporary password at some point.

About 10-15 minute wait. Pleasant lady on the other end and in a few minutes everything was set.

We have non eForm Form 4s that are pending. We were unable to see that information in the submitted/in process link. Weve been able to see that information before the upgrade

Anyone else have a similar experience?

They were not in the approved or disapproved section either.

Did not see them in our inventory.

The batch was sent back to the transferor for some corrections and signature issues. He has since sent them back to the NFA.

The packet arrived at the NFA last Tuesday. The woman at the help desk stated, that the eForm system was down yesterday in order to correct some issues.

She gave me an email address for eForm user issues or questions.

eForm.admin.@ATF.gov

Great posts and good information.

Thanks

Edited by fifthmdec

Successful with a manual password from the help desk. Gonna need to change that temporary password at some point.

About 10-15 minute wait. Pleasant lady on the other end and in a few minutes everything was set.

We have non eForm Form 4s that are pending. We were unable to see that information in the submitted/in process link. Weve been able to see that information before the upgrade

The batch was sent back to the transferor for some corrections and signature issues. He has since sent them back to the NFA.

The packet arrived at the NFA last Tuesday. The woman at the help desk stated, that the eForm system was down yesterday in order to correct some issues.

eForm.admin.@ATF.gov

Thanks

I didn't see a pending paper form 4 but found the firearm in my inventory so I assume it has been approved. I hope so since I already sold it.

Dan

eForm.admin.@ATF.gov

Thanks

I didn't see a pending paper form 4 but found the firearm in my inventory so I assume it has been approved. I hope so since I already sold it.

Dan

I am missing one MG from our inventory. I emailed the information to the SOT department, they forwarded it to the eForms team.

This happened one time a few years ago, when I was getting ready to file an eForm 3 transfer. It was taken care of in a couple of hours.

Also, I received today, an email stating, that there are things that need to be worked out in the updated eForms system.

It was addressed to eForm users. I deduct from the email, that it would include issues, as in ours, and some of the other problems. Such as viewing the submitted/pending, approved and disapproved files on the screen. That includes eForm submissions, non eForm submissions, etc.

Did anybody else receive such an email?

At least all of this may be considered progress. Time will tell.

David

eForms definitely has bugs. I had a SBS show up twice when I was doing a eForm 3. Since I had a IOI over at my place, I had him look it up and he told me that I had only one listed in my inventory and there were bugs in the system.