1928 (ac) Price Check

I have found a 1928 Bridgeport that I would like to make a fair offer on. The owner says he is willing to sell it. It is 90% finish. Has the smooth barrel ( blued ) , parked receiver and Lyman "L" sight. Serial AO 139xxx. The upper and lower match. The "U.S." has been ground off. Good condition overall. It includes a New York "L" drum in super condition.

I know people on this board can give me an idea of what it would actually sell for... not inflated asking price.

Thanks

STEN

a real good buy price would be $15,000.00 however i can't really believe i just said that>>>to me they are worth around $10,000.00..however many won't sell you one for that.

because they have to make a handsome profit and buy some other overpriced market gun...so whatever you feel you can afford is fair...if he doe's not take the fair offer.look for something else.

for some reason lately alot of gun's have not been selling recently...maybe some have gotten all they want to buy.or just plain tired of the hefty price jump's in past few's year's. or some saying enough is enough..

just think if that happened.some may really bring down the price..

don't believe that??? check out some add's lately.some a month later for same gun but at a way lower price...wonder why..because they priced it way to darn high..nobody leaped now they want some after x-mas cash...

i know a few dealer's recently,bought about 10 to 12 m.g's..have not sold any in last five week's.

however thats my opinion.around here mileage may vary.. some say stuff move's in 24 hour's..

heck i will show you some that have not sold in 24 day's.wink!!

price a thompson at $10,000.00 move's fairly quick.i sold one a month a go for that. at $20,000.00 a little longer...at $30,000.00 hurry hurry and wait..

it's all in the price and the "gun" look around don't buy junk.and remember always have fun.and keep the history alive. take care,ron

For some wierd reason the AO guns don't command the premium that Savage does. The gun in question does not have all the desirable features and therefore doesn't command the 25K premium that a Savage, finned w/cutts, Lyman adustable, etc... goes for.

Anything in the teens is a buy for sure, and 20 would be a market price.

QUOTE (colt21a @ Dec 26 2005, 10:43 PM)
a real good buy price would be $15,000.00 however i can't really believe i just said that>>>to me they are worth around $10,000.00..however many won't sell you one for that.

SOLD!!!!!! give me your mailing addy the check is in the mail ron

i sold a 1928 savage here last year for $10,000.00,and recently a wes-hurley m1a1 for $10,000.00 about a month ago. so yep did have them for a deal.along with all those thompson item's i sold about 18 month's ago.

have i seen any more bargain's lately from anyone else. not really,because if i did i would have bought them myself. and as i said that would be a good buy price.$15,000.00...and there are alot of guy's who did get them on the cheap...so maybe they might be great fella's and want to sell them and not make such a great profit.

i also have had item's for sale.and people tell me sold.and the check never arrived,or something else came up. stuff happen's...thats the bizz.. i also have had stuff promised to me and the deal fell through at that price.

i figured they sold it for mo-money to somebody else after a promise to me.thats the bizz today...

and friday.the spaceship land's, wink! take care,ron

QUOTE (philasteen @ Dec 27 2005, 05:09 PM)
We always talk about Thompson greed, what about MP40 greed? I saw a presample MP40 listed at $5,000! today with a note that the price was firm. Outrageous! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

selling it for what i paid is not greed,maybe stupidity,and i always say find one cheaper go buy it..wink! take care.ron

lomonts and landie's are only $6.500.00 each rush out and get them before they are gone..

QUOTE (philasteen @ Dec 28 2005, 08:40 AM)
Hey Ron, I was only busting your chops! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif I think 5K is a pretty fair price for a great historical piece like a pre-86 MP40.

thats why i added the wink!! i know it's fair.and still no taker's. so i will just let it sit.take care,ron maybe in 07 it will move.yep!! take care,ron

QUOTE (GonePostal @ Dec 28 2005, 02:38 PM)
Perhaps the no pics policy that makes selling a problem.

LOL - your ears burning esteemed Ron? There's discussion elsewhere on another board about you being a picture scrooge.

wink!

yes and sold it today to a person i sold a nice colt 21a to, a guy like me needs no pic's to sell gun's when you have a nice item at a good price it sell's..and to think ten e-mail's on a post sample mp-40 who would have thought... i guess everybody want's a cheap blaster??

and if it did not sell...that would mean bean's and frank's all week..wink!

ah!! the fun of the net... T.C.ron

QUOTE (GonePostal @ Dec 28 2005, 02:38 PM)
Perhaps the no pics policy that makes selling a problem.

LOL - your ears burning esteemed Ron? There's discussion elsewhere on another board about you being a picture scrooge.

wink!

WOW you would think big time gun dealer's would not have time for petty stuff huh?a almost sale a almost enquiry for pic's along with 20 other's!!and the guy post's my comment's well i sent him another and told him to post that also. i guess it's still a free country.and anybody can do as they like within the law.

and it was a real krappy mp-40 he would not have liked it anyway..i always sell junk anyway!!oh and the party that bought the savage post's here.and the m1a1 was {recon}just so you can sleep tonight.

i would not want to steal any of the thunder!!

from all the big timer's.

maybe they can post all the post's that we post here...and we can have a comment board on that..........sheesh!!! give it a freakin break already...2005 is almost over.. start fresh and original!

t.c.ron

What a hoot! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif From Bolivia to Argentina, and Germany to Poland, ALL of the "rons" are in on that one! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif wink http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

yes a nice reply is a sign of "respect' but what would some know about that.they never give it and they will never get it.like water on a duck's back or is it like sand in a hourglass. this is the day's of our live's..wink wonk!!

what did we do when we only had shotgun new's and gun list..and machinegun new's and s.a.r. was only a dream..and never a picture in sight... we could send j.curtis earl $3.00 for a polaroid.yep good time's..T.C.ron

well the countdown to 2006 is upon us,will hardrede come back to the fold?will phil grow a beard?will mike get the calender out? will some become sponsor's?will ron geta digi camera to take pic's?{ already have one} too lazy to figure it out!

will kahr drum's really get nice?will the two thompson faction's work out? will somebody buy a tommy with "Thompson Cash?

will i use proper engrish and speeelin'gs in post'?

huh?

and will the market stabilize?

and will the world of m.g.'s continue? and will we ever see the shrike??and will the lusa become a success?

well everybody have a good one,health, happiness,safety, and knowledge,and a little humor to continue on...T.C.ron

i'm trying to have more time to buy all kinds of gun's now T.C.is take care,and maybe i should shorten WINK! to W.!

this way with all the extra time i save "chicken typing" this stuff.

and i've been to e-nuff gun show's to know what the common gun guy look's like,and phil sometime's it ain't pretty. camo beer gut half bald.with nam vet cap on head.or biker leather vest.some tatt's on arm's another 200 pound gut.

or the big arm work out guy.has 23 inch arm's.however kick him in the spindly leg's that he never worked out in his life.and look like a ten year old child's..

or maybe the all levi guy.umm! sounds familiar!

and the rolex king.diamond pinky ring,ten gold chain's.receding hairline,GIANT FOREHEAD NOW.

with ceegar! and smell's of hai karate. 007 had a better scent.

or the po-boy.in washed out 1985 knob creek t-shirt

the only time he went.so he got the lousy tee,and korean vet cap.and jacket from nam say's he served in hell.with desert storm pin's. and victoria cross medal's from zimbawwe...

or the guy in the well dressed suit,z.z.top! gangsta style!

or the mr.workout with the tactical tee.and the chick on his arm showing some rear arse tatt.and pierced nose and lip.that happen's to pick up every freakin gun off any table.and explain's it to the chick, who was last night's bar p.u.

who will be found later on c.b.s.new's t.v.report beaten to death..on some beach or forest preserve.

and then the jumpy gnome type.run's to every table and pick's all of it up.and ask's 50 question's..then somebody later spout's off some escapee froma nut ranch just entered the show..then somebody spot's him later signing book's for garand collector's.wink!

and the onion beef sandwich crowd.with cell phone..they roam around ask question's and talk on phone while talking to you and leave beef juice on the gun's..

and the best off all.the plastic baggie guy...has a 30 rd m-16 mag in there.old issue's of shotgun new's.and a mossberg barrel.and astra mag. and a luger holster from his dad.

and want's to know if you have a villa/perosa barrel?? or who can fix a sear's shotgun?and carrie's a glock in wrong size holster..

i wish a t.v.show could be done on all of it..very interesting and entertaining to watch...or just rent a table at the next show.and take note's.

everybody have a good 2006, and at the next show carry tic-tack's.it work's for those really good deal's..wink! or wait W.T.C. ron

p.s. i almost forgot. the digi-camera guy.who has to take pic's of all of it.so when he sell's on the net.all the collector's can have pic's before they buy!

he is the most important of all. until they toss him out of show"no picture's allowed at this show!sign posted...double winkkee on this one.......

I just bought a Bridgeport '28 almost exactly as the one described leading this thread. It is a 159XXX serial number gun, US ground off, sold to law enforcement, smooth barrel, L sight, excellent condition. Think I got a hell of a deal at 13.5k. Comes with 2 bridgeport drums, 6 30 round stick mags, canvas case for both drums and gun.

That makes 1 Colt 1921AC, 1 Savage 1928, and 1 AO Bridgeport '28....not bad for someone who didn't even own a Thompson as of a year ago !

Does this mean I have the bug ?

Good for you !!! It seems that you do have "the bug".

It's too bad that those of us in the state of Illinois can't get "that bug".

I'm a little jeolous, but like I said, good for you and have a happy new year with your full autos. Shoot a drum full for me....

Dave

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif