Late West Hurley 1927A1 SBR F/S

Late 90s 1927A1 SBR, lower machined for the detachable stock, correct round profile charging knob, original lyman sight, original cutts compensator, paddle safety, 10 inch finned/threaded barrel, original stock and pistol grip, repro vertical fore grip with sling swivel, repro fbi case, includes 2x 50 round drums(third hand tool included), 2x 20 round sticks and 1x 30 round stick. Mag catch has been modified to accept unaltered original magazines. Was a reenactor gun with hundreds of blanks and maybe 2-300 live rounds fired. This was originally a T1C commando with parkerized finish and was antiqued to make it look original. Gun runs and looks great. Bought an original 1928A1 and its time for someone else to enjoy this. Asking $3200, ftf on a Form4 in NH or two tax if out of state, Ill pay the first tax, all other dealer fees and shipping will be on the buyer. Additional pics and info on request.

Thanks,

Gregg

post-259618-0-83006700-1632673061_thumb.jpeg

post-259618-0-95049800-1632673072_thumb.jpeg

post-259618-0-95251000-1632673087_thumb.jpeg

post-259618-0-53200500-1632673100_thumb.jpeg

post-259618-0-24367000-1632673133_thumb.jpeg

post-259618-0-65917400-1632673145_thumb.jpeg

post-259618-0-11512400-1632673180_thumb.jpeg

Edited by gregg877

• 1 month later...

Sooooo 641 views, and not a single comment, offer, question etc. brand new Kahr SBRs which seem to be an inferior product are approximately $2400 new plus fees, seeing some of the money people have spent on original parts/accessories to bring their guns up to where this one is, I thought this was priced about right. Suggestions? Id like to see this go to a good home and get enjoyed.

Gregg

Edited by gregg877

A very nice set indeed. But SBR’s can be a tough sell; most folks who want one do them themselves. I’ve done 3 on Form 1’s myself, mainly because it’s less expensive than buying one outright. (At least it was then). Congrats on your 1928 !

Anticus, Ive also done two on form 1s including this one. There is still a considerable savings vs buying one new at retail. Heres the breakdown:

Base cost - $1300

Nfa tax -$200

10 barrel - $150

Original cutts compensator - $75

Machine/fabricate new charging handle - $50

Machine lower for detachable stock - $100

Modify mag catch for original magazines - NC

Original lyman sight - $275

Complete original stock -$225

Original pistol grip - $45

2 x original unaltered 20rnd magazines - $150

1 x original unaltered 30 round magazine $50

1 x brand new Kahr 50rnd drum $250

1 x used Numerich 50 round drum $150

Repro FBI case - $275

$3295 invested and its done, $3200 and Im paying the first of a 2-tax transfer. I could return it to completely stock (minus the sbr) and sell everything off separately. Id hate to do that where this one is done, but it is what it is I suppose.

Edited by gregg877

Yeah not necessarily an unfair price. I’ve got more than that in my Kahr SBR and associated goodies.

No disrespect to the other poster, but I originally thought I could get out at 1500 or so as well until I actually got deep into it. It’s kinda like a boat.

Maybe your detailed breakdown will help folks better evaluate your price.

Man!! I’d love the “problem” of having the real thing and my SBR.

Good luck. Timmy.

PPG Cowboy,

One of the twenty rounders is a WPS and the other is a Seymour.

I wouldnt call it so much a problem as just wanting to put the money back after the 1928 purchase. I have a Kahr M1 SBR with similar work for sale (for a lot less) but no serious interest so far.

Edited by gregg877

I have 4 patent date 20 rounders that are in like new condition, but Im keeping those for myself. I havent seen any for sale for a very very long time.

I am however looking at parts that Im going to put up here for sale, including a savage marked 1928A1 lower that has been machined for semi autos and a stock set complete. Stay tuned.

• 2 months later...

I have a Thompson 1927A1 that I inherited, made in West Hurley, with an L drum made in Bridgeport. The drum does say patented, but there is no number. The serial number on the gun is 14891, but I have no idea when the gun was made. Would anyone have a feel for the age of the gun based on serial number?

How difficult is it to find a replacement drum that would work on this model? From what I have read the newer parts you can find at SARCO and others don't work on West Hurley guns.

Thanks for any help!

Just thought to mention that Bowman Arms was selling surplus NOS Thompson 20rd magazines for $31.95. They had a sale few weeks ago 5 for $100. Possibly you can ask them to give it you that price again. The ones I got from him months ago were full of cosmoline.

im on my 4th thompson that has the mods and accessories, etc similar to yours. i think your price is fair. you just have to find the right person who understands that this is a ready to go kit. hang in there it will sell. this past weekend my buddy and i took all of our ww2 weapons, uniforms, helmets, etc we collected over the years to do a show and tell at a local gun show. we had rifles and sub guns from almost every country involved. most of the sub guns were semi auto sbr. my 27 thompson was the belle of the ball could have sold it a hundred times..... you will find a buyer. have you tried gunbroker or any other gun sites?