BEWARE: Form 4 Approved; Mailed to "incorrect" address

Sandman1957

Ladies and Gents,

First of all this is not a gripe session nor sniveling. Just recieved an approved Form Four for a "silencer" that came direct to to me instead of the Class III dealer. By coincidence, I work for that dealer part time so that is good news.

This is one of the new forms, and the window on the envelope shows both the seller and buyers info, so the post office had to guess which one to send it to (my theory). Wanted to post this in case you get your Form Four (straight) to you, and then you have to contact and forward a copy of it, to your dealer to get it shipped to you.

No foul play here, just unintended consequences.

SAM_4187.JPG

FWIW, transfer took 6 months. This was for the "upper" on a Vietnam era M16 with a "moderator" One stamp for the lower (machinegun) and this stamp for the "moderator" (silencer).

m16 6022.jpg

Edited by Sandman1957

Dont feel bad, over the years, I have received form 3/4s for other dealers and other individuals. I had no skin in the transfer at all. I just send them on to the transferor. I have received an error letter on a gun, and the approved transfer on the same day. I have had my transfers just "disappear" and need to be replaced. Just the joy and excitement of dealing with a govt bureaucracy.

This issue I am raising (poorly) is the newer, large window on the new version of the Form Four makes it a 50 / 50 chance it will ship to the wrong address each time...

Just thought folks might like to know.