Turning a 38/44 into a 38a

huggytree

from what i can find on line you can turn a 38/44 into a 38a ?

if you had a complete 38a parts kit

if i were to find the barrel, shroud and stock and didnt care about the bolt those 3 parts are all id need?

is the 38a receiver significantly heavier than the 38/44 tube?

does the 38a have the safety switch the 38/44 has? would i have to modify the stock for it?

thanks for any advice

From a cosmetic strand point, yes, a barrel assembly and stock will change a 38/a44 to a 38a. In reality the only things those guns share in common is an overall appearance and the trigger assembly. Other than that, not much else will innerchange between the two. Bolt systems are different, cocking systems are different, in all honesty the receivers are different. Personally I prefer the 38/a44 thats in our family collection over a friends 38a. Its lighter, smoother (I think) and it points faster with the shorter barrel. I have some 38a parts including a complete barrel assembly and stock, plus a bolt assembly if you are interested.

can i swap the barrel and stock and leave everything else the same?

if so id be very interested in your barrel and stock.

i saw you were offering someone a while back a 38/44 barrel....if you still had it id also be a buyer......it take a fluted and or a pencil barrel....

i like big, heavy sub guns....so it would be nice to be able to switch my gun over to one if i wanted

ill send you a pm with my email address for pics and pricing

thanks