• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, anticus said:

Both sites are closed to new members. No access to posts on either.

They are reopened periodically for a very short time.

Post a query about it on ar15.com in the Armory / NFA - DD section.

• Like 1

I was registered on there like 15 years ago.  It was pretty slow moving IIRC and was focused mostly on 37mm stuff?  Are they harboring serious secrets on there that they don't want to share?  If I recall that board died due to lack of activity years back?  I probably lack the street cred for admission nowadays?

Somewhere around here I have a Grog CD with all sorts of stuff on it that I bought back in the day?

Edited by johnsonlmg41

https://smallarmsreview.com/evolution-of-the-u-s-grenade-launcher-from-world-war-ii-to-todays-conflicts/

https://smallarmsreview.com/recreational-use-of-40mm-grenade-launchers/

https://smallarmsreview.com/40mm-grenade-system-history/

MORE here

40mm Grenade System History - By Jason M. Wong (June 2010) [Relevance: 21.63]
Teutonic Engineering at its Best: The Heckler & Koch 40mm Grenade Launcher - By Jason M. Wong (July 2010) [Relevance: 17.42]
The Vingmate Fire Control System - By Walter Christian Håland (November 2012) [Relevance: 16.68]
FN SCAR 40GL/Mk 17 Enhanced Grenade Launcher Module - By Jason M. Wong (June 2011) [Relevance: 15.90]
B&T Swiss 40mm Grenade Launcher - By Jason M. Wong (April 2010) [Relevance: 15.50]
Lewis Machine & Tool and ALS Tecnologies: Teaming Up to Build a Single Shot 40mm Grenade Launcher - By Jason M. Wong (February 2012) [Relevance: 15.08]
Destructive Devices and Sub-Caliber Units - By Jeff W. Zimba (December 2009) [Relevance: 12.32]
Destructive Devices & Sub-Cal Units - By Jeff W. Zimba (November 2009) [Relevance: 12.32]
Eurosatory 2008 - By Jason M. Wong (February 2009) [Relevance: 12.32]
Recreational Use Of 40MM Grenade Launchers - By Destiny Densley (November 2001) [Relevance: 11.79]
NDIA Small Arms 2005 - By Robert Bruce (January 2006) [Relevance: 10.67]
A Bloop and A Blast The M203 - By J David Truby (January 2004) [Relevance: 10.67]
Duster's Last Stand: The M42 Anti Aircraft Weapon System’s Final Days - By Robert Bruce (April 2003) [Relevance: 10.67]
40MM Shoulder-Fired Grenade Launchers and the SEALs - By Kevin Dockery (April 2002) [Relevance: 10.67]
40MM Low Velocity Grenade Launcher Machine Guns: The Honeywell Mark 18, Mark 20 and the SEALs. - By Kevin Dockery (April 2002)

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Rekraps said:

Great post Frank. 

A very large tree, about 100 yards into my backyard hates the Chalk Rounds. Those things hit hard....

LOL, yeah, those zinc pushers are no joke...

The more surprising one to me he is how hard the super light plastic/foam baton rounds hit even at relatively long distances.

After seeing what one of those foam rounds did to a chain-link fence at ~50yrds, I'd prob. rather be hit with a baseball bat than one of those...

Edited by mattnh

8 hours ago, mattnh said:

LOL, yeah, those zinc pushers are no joke...

The more surprising one to me he is how hard the super light plastic/foam baton rounds hit even at relatively long distances.

After seeing what one of those foam rounds did to a chain-link fence at ~50yrds, I'd prob. rather be hit with a baseball bat than one of those...

Anything moving at a good clip... hurts. Both the M781 and the baton rounds could inflict serious hurt on a bad guy! 

On 1/30/2023 at 7:51 PM, Frank Iannamico said:

Yes, and those zinc pushers are hard to find after you fire them!!

I use a metal detector and still lose half of them. 

Got that right, I've shot maybe 12 so far and only found one pusher. I was surprised at the weight! Now that's a pumpkin ball if there ever was one.

23 hours ago, Frank Iannamico said:

The problem is they are spinning, and when they hit the ground they tend to bounce and fly off to the right.

Uh oh! Neighbors are to the right!