M122 tripods

Well, I guess everything is collectible, so it depends on what your frame of reference is. Do you have an M60E1 ? the 67 tripod would be best. M60E3 ? the 1990 one would be better. "Most" Mg shooters don't really have original guns, (1919s, etc) so really, what does it matter other than to say "hey, I have an XYZ tripod for my Faux ABC gun "

If it were me, I'd prefer an early one. I lucked out on a minty 64' dated tripod with a data plate a couple years back. In my mind it has collector value even though m122's are rather common so you can pick and choose from a good selection and they typically sell for less than WWII dated M2's because there are a boatload of 1919 guys looking for M2's. I'll never shoot off of it because I have other tripods including a super rare one that's much nicer if I were to ditch the M142 setup for shooting, however unlikely that is?

For now I don't think there is much if any "collector" interest in M122's, but as soon as you say that, and enough time passes, next thing you know guys are "collecting" them and they become as scarce as toilet paper.

Well, reason I was asking this question was I don't need two tripods. Upon closer observation I noticed the 1990 tripod is actually a 1976 manufacture. The 1976 tripod is in original condition which is excellent. The 1967 tripod set-up appears like it has been refurbished to appear new. I will be selling one as soon as I decide which one will be the keeper. Also, the large knob on the T/E's are different too. One is completely round and the other has some indentations on the knob. I assume one or the other is an earlier manufacture?