New Production C Drum Update

I hate being the middle man- please remember that I am only the messenger on this one.

I spoke with the principle yesterday and was informed that preparations are wrapping up, albeit the process has been slower than expected. All quotes for subcontract parts are in except for a few minor items such as rivets.

There was some difficulty convincing vendors that providing parts for the project would not be in violation of any current law (what have we come to?), but these fears have largely been alleviated.

Commitment to the project is still high, but given that the election is eminent, and concerns about getting product out prior to a new Kerry ban are real, the decision to start the project has been moved to post Nov 2. I would expect to hear something by early Dec for sure.

That’s the latest and the best, I sure hope the country comes to it’s senses and the prospect of a Massachusetts white house evaporates in the coming weeks.

Bush = C drums

Kerry = NO C drums

Well guys, this is truely an incentive for us to get out the vote.

Lets all make sure our freinds and relatives get out and vote for GWB. A great deal of fun (shootin' those C drums http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif ) and our hobby hang in the balance.

I am only one vote, but I'll pull the lever extra hard!!!!

C & L= two entirely different things.

I added the line “This group buy is for Kahr L drums only” to the Group Drum Buy thread ( I would have changed the thread name, but don’t know if I can edit that).

My only involvement with the C drum is as mouthpiece until the principle decides to announce himself. That cloak has gone on longer that I would like, but I think the subject is important enough to us all for me to hang in a bit longer. There will be no group discounts on the C drums, should they become available.

Sorry for the confusion.

What does Kerry have to do with it? He can't wave his magic wand and declare drums/guns illegal if he is innagurated. That has to be from legislation generated in the house, and I strongly suspect, that if the house and senate passed a mag/gun ban, Bush would sign it, as he would have nothing to lose. Ergo, unless the house and senate change hands, there is no problem

Doug

All of Kerrys anti-gun buddies (Kennedy, Shumer, Feinstein and Boxer) are waiting in the wings "chomping at the bit" to ban whatever they feel they can get away with as fast as possible if Kerry makes the White House. Also if the Democrats can get a majority in House AND Senate....(god forbid!!!) http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

If the worst should come to pass, I'd expect a massive gun ban of neverbefore seen proportions http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif (maybe including Class 3 stuff, but definitely anything Big Bore or Semi-Automatic) and taxes up the Ying-Yang on ammo and components.

This threat is VERY real, so when you go to the polls, take a neighbor with and do your part!!

Gotta Be Bush!!!

john

yes. make sure you vote, and your friends vote.

if it helps, a freind of mine passed me this link.

It seems the London odds makers favor Bush to win.

http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_sports?action...pe_id=110000608

They don't care about politics, only money, and they look at everything, so as not to lose money.

I suppose if you want to win either way, bet heavy on Kerry, If Bush wins, you win politically, and if Bush loses, you will be rich....http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

Doug

I sure hope the country comes to it’s senses and the prospect of a Massachusetts white house evaporates in the coming weeks.

PK

I actually live in the People's Republic of Massachusetts. And you guys can't even imagine what kind of Draconian gun laws have been enacted here. We're lucky we still have any guns at all!

The so-called "assault weapons" ban has expired (for now) everywhere but in Massachusetts. We are, unbelievably, still held captive to this commonwealth's own version of the ban. Vendors can't even ship high-cap mags into this bastion of Left-Wing paranoia. Of course, no bayonet lugs here; they might be used in a drive-by bayonetting. That's not blood on our streets; it's Heinz ketchup!

The attorney general in this commonwealth has even pulled an end run on the legislature by enacting so-called "health regulations," which, for all intents and purposes ban certain guns and accessories without any legislation actually being enacted. The Soviet Union is alive and well in Massachusetts.

If (God forbid!) these bastards gain the White House, the tragedies of Massachusetts will pale by comparison compared what they'll be able to accomplish with the full power of the Federal government behind them.

Forget Class III, they're taking ALL your guns!!

Bush may not be the brightest bulb on the planet, but he's NOT going to take your guns away. Kerry and Company? Need you ask?

Edited by tedgun1911

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we are in a much better position and everyone is relieved and confident.

Just prior to the election, the primary subcontractor (the one with the big presses, etc.) decided they would not participate after months of working out the details. The Lawyers got involved I guess and just could not be convinced that making C drums for machine guns was legal.

The engineering package is complete and the search is on for another prime. I am convinced that this project will fly and contracts will be let this year. However, I am not involved directly and can make no promises- that’s just my take, for what it’s worth.

Once a principal pressing Co. is found, and production starts hopefully it will go like gang busters.

The 1st Co. will be kicking their own arse, and possibly searching for a new legal team... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Thanks for the up-date PK.....