Question For All>

do you really think people that get into thompson's in past five year's. really only know what they read here.and make buy's based on that??

and the one's who are not into it.the robber baron's...

who just see these item's recently for sale want to really make a killing.and rip the unsuspecting new collector...by shouting rare,rare, two only made.have only seen one in my life.. {"the best they have ever seen" ad's} they only owned two or seen three.blowhard's!!

or am i showing my stupidity in this...and everybody is a r.k.i. in all gun's colored thompson.

or is it just the market over all in general..MESSED /UP

and we are the enemy to ourselve...or is it the guru in the tibetan mountain's on up high...who dictate's the pricing and knowledge......and passes this on to some old

scroll's.or e-mail wink!!

whats it all about alfie??after 35 year's i have reached a impasse..

can i really reblue a colt 1921a and be happy....should i spend $10,000.00 for a c- drum.and will that replica spare part's kit work when the s.h.t.f.?? and did tom hank's really enjoy shooting a thompson..........or did he wash his hands of it and say never again....then secretly bought one and ratholed it.because a cali. dealer mentioned they ain't makin them no more! wonk!

this is one for master phil to answer..and john jr.for that kool bird pic...take care,ron

p.s. you can tell it's raining here today colder and bored out of my freakin mind..gottta go buy a gun....

It's the market that is wild.... Do you really expect people to sell things @ 50% less than "market" value just because they got it back in the day? Your postings seem to be focused on one thing and that is the current pricing and profit taking... Hey I have a pile of silver sitting in the safe that I paid under four bucks and ounce for... it is now over 10 bucks an ounce, do I need to sell it at five bucks and ounce so I can be ethical? Heck I'm going to be selling my firing pin gun for over 10K I only paid 4.5K for the pin but I spent over a year getting the gun put together so it is a select fire 1928 "lookin" gun.... So am I gouging the public by asking all that for it? I think sometimes you just need to understand that "it is what it is" and move on.... As far as the "rare Rare SUPER RARE!" thing.... hell I've been in and out of guns and gunshows since the 70's and we have always had that "one of kind" schtick by gun people goin on... That my friend is nothing new... just different players is all....

no big daddy i expect things to be priced fair a guy pay's $15,000.00 for a freakin colt and want's $30,000.00. let me see back in the day at vollmer's he'd make a few thousand on one.and sometimes even i would.can you justify and believe that...along with other dealer's whom i knew real well.

however i will adjust my thinking to today's mode... i'm working on a deal now for some gun's..and can get them at a fair shake..let's say $10,000.00 each....would sell them for say $12,000.00 to $13,000.00 with some extra goodie's.... but as john {deceased} belushi would say..BUT NO!!

i will also tell my importer buddy to adjust his drum price from $275.00 to $475.00 when he get's ready to deliver...GOD forbid a deal to the public for drum's right??

maybe $23,000.00 to $27,000.00 will be more like it...yep thats the cure...f......the newcomer.or the guy who wants one really bad,and is a working stiff like most.

when i'm ready to post the stuff will post it here first....and when the pissin and moanin is over...and everybody post's have i gone off the deep end???

nope just going with the flow...GREED IS GOOD! wallstreet.not just a little profit!!

you can sell whatever you want for whatever price you want..thats a free system right... just lately it has got out of hand...when i offered the sten here and the a.o. m1a1 no taker's...however {recon} saw fit to buy it..he has bought alot from me in 25 year's...i guess he must know something!!

i get bored with stuff easily, and buy and sell everyday...do i get bored with this site.{never}

and if people don't like my comment's or input...tough!

maybe when they get around to doing this game for 33 plus year's year's as a ffl/sot they can talk volume's..you can count the ffl/sot's left in the bizz on hands and toe's..

even some of the big boy's been around less then 20

and i give respect to everybody in the field.and have never bad mouthed anybody unless they totally deserved it.and are known a-hole's in the market.{and only a few name's come to mind} and four are deceased already..however some have given me a hard time{very few} and never even had dealing's with me, and to me they are the biggest blowhard's..or what i called r.j.perry once " A BLOWBAG".. GOD rest his soul,and may he have peace.along with j.curtis earl....we settled after 25 year's.

sometime's i'm not always "with the program"

but nobody can ever knock me for lack of knowledge on all gun's,and doing and seeing what i have...

to those that do...they have that jealousy did nothing in life mentality.......i have fun with it. and call a spade a spade.

sometime's everything is not all black and white..and in the class three bizz.when you are around it long e-nuff ya find those little dirty secret's out.wink!!

now what would be fair for that $300.00 h&k metal sear??

nothing!! just gold plate and add chain for neck wear!!

and market value...in class three..it's all subjective...

on who wants it..

i once had a plan to buy all colt thompson's.one day i will explain that one..and had the money backer..

he had 44 mill in his personal checking acct.back in 91

one of the {who care;s} what i spend group...

anyway e-nuff chatter for today.. the sun is coming out..and anything that more then one is made of is not rare right..because we have another..now let's hear from arch-super heroe phil...and john jr's bird.. take care,ron

live long and proper uh! and prosper

i think some of the board member's like heated post's and discussion's.and different point's of view.from old master's of smoke and mirror's houdini's.new-bee's.youngblood's and old tired blood's.non collector's and shooter's alike...

i control the vertical.don't adjust the television set..you are in the "outer limit's"however i did like boris karloff's. the "thriller" or was it the tingler?? wink!

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Mar 19 2006, 05:55 PM)
Just a difference of opinion I guess....  I just don't call it greed is all....  Ok I bought my house in 97 for 100K even....  It is now valued at almost $400K.....  The house right next to mine is up for sale for more than that and their cost basis is less than mine...  Is this greed or just the market?  Why is it greedy just because the price is up?  My first house took me 10 years just to get what I paid for it back out of it....  I bought it at the top of the bubble and it burst on me....  That's just the market my friend....  Now if your talking between friends then go for it....  I sell things for less than what I paid for it many times on this board... in fact I've given many things away to board members....  But if you think I'm going out to the general public and sell something cheap so the next guy can just turn around and make money on me like some kind of sucker fuggitaboutit......  Once again I don't think asking market price or above market price and coming down as being greedy.....

it all boil's down to that $15,000.00 tommy for $30,000.00 but then my $10,000.00 deloreon has tarnished also.. with the freakin renault pee-poor engine /tranny combo!! big daddy sell whatever you like for whatever you need..

i'm happy with a good bowl of chili..and a roof above the head..and some good humor which is what all my post's are about....i laugh at the class three market..all the shuffle footin and hype!!and the crazy ad's... and i'm the king for selling at cost or a little above..heck ask anybody who bought from me.thats why they did....they wanted to make more money!! ya wanna know greed.{ since you compared it to housing}

you rob the neighbor on a house deal that should sell for $250,000.00.you get it for $175,000.00...then you sell it to somebody for $475,000.000 and brag what a great deal you are giving them,and how little you made....

okay maybe thats called a lyin low life mudderfugger..NOT GREED i get those two mixed up sometime's wink!!

it happen's alot in the world...and more and more everyday...maybe thats moral decay huh??yet these two bit's won't give a sucker a break...on anything.......but thats just me...a washed up old guy on the porch!!eatin green egg's and ham..

take care,ron

p.s and i forgot the best one of all,the dealer /collector who offer's you squat.{ and know's the true value on item}and is selling the same thing for 100% more then he's willing to pay you!!

then trie's to even buy it lower..and once it's in his hands it's platinium...........................f-um forever..me bad! huh??

QUOTE (Hawkeye_Joe @ Mar 19 2006, 05:40 PM)
Hey Respected Ron.. do you remember "The Pigeons from Hell??.......

aw yes.. and the best "the cheater's"with the eyeglasse's

yep old t.v. better then tommie's sometime's..take care,ron

and will never forget t.z.'s"to serve man"with LURCH as the main alien man.

it all boil's down to that $15,000.00 tommy for $30,000.00 but then my $10,000.00 deloreon has tarnished also.. with the freakin renault pee-poor engine /tranny combo!! big daddy sell whatever you like for whatever you need..

i'm happy with a good bowl of chili..and a roof above the head..and some good humor which is what all my post's are about....i laugh at the class three market..all the shuffle footin and hype!!and the crazy ad's... and i'm the king for selling at cost or a little above..heck ask anybody who bought from me.thats why they did....they wanted to make more money!! ya wanna know greed.{ since you compared it to housing}
you rob the neighbor on a house deal that should sell for $250,000.00.you get it for $175,000.00...then you sell it to somebody for $475,000.000 and brag what a great deal you are giving them,and how little you made....

okay maybe thats called a lyin low life mudderfugger..NOT GREED  i get those two mixed up sometime's wink!!

it happen's alot in the world...and more and more everyday...maybe thats moral decay huh??yet these two bit's won't give a sucker a break...on anything.......but thats just me...a washed up old guy on the porch!!eatin green egg's and ham..

take care,ron

p.s and i forgot the best one of all,the dealer /collector who offer's you squat.{ and know's the true value on item}and is selling the same thing for 100% more then he's willing to pay you!!

then trie's to even buy it lower..and once it's in his hands it's platinium...........................f-um forever..me bad! huh??

Boy you can make anything sound evil.... I give up you're right, I'm an evil bastard just cuz I want market price for something I paid market price for back at the time.... Hopefully when I die Jesus will be more forgiving of me than you are.....

QUOTE (colt21a @ Mar 19 2006, 06:16 PM)

Not Lurch (Ted Cassidy); it was Richard Kiel who played Kanamit on "To serve man". He was also "Jaws" on some of the James Bond movies.

"Don't get on the ship!......to serve man............it's a cook book!

Hahaha, I love TZ!

John

big daddy you just called yourself a evil bastard.thee must know thyself better then i,you said it not me...you must have been hurt sometime in life..hopefully all will be healed and you will feel better about thing's.don't ever be depressed............enjoy life..

your gun's, your house,your car, you do whatever you like.. and JESUS has nothing to do with it.

what do i care whatever you'd make on somebody.

thats your bizz.. i also have a right to my own opinion on dishonest idiot's in the marketplace..and no place in my post did i mention you by name..so reread it again..

and have fun... don't be so hard on yourself..........it's only a web-site.and we are not in kansas anymore..ron p.s if i knew this would bring emotion's to the surface.i would have self control....arthur help i'm falling''

QUOTE (John in IN @ Mar 19 2006, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (colt21a @ Mar 19 2006, 06:16 PM)

Not Lurch (Ted Cassidy); it was Richard Kiel who played Kanamit on "To serve man". He was also "Jaws" on some of the James Bond movies.

"Don't get on the ship!......to serve man............it's a cook book!

Hahaha, I love TZ!

John

yep john the jaw's guy.see when you get really old it's hard to remember 10,000 t.v.show's..LURCH the addam's family, with fred {munster} car 54

next i'll be going 12 o'oclock high and penny from sky king.and let's not forget rat patrol...or charlie bronson in man with a camera..wink!

It's all the greed for money. And, that there are suckers out there born every day. Did I sell my M1 when I was offered 14k from a even greedier dealer? Hell no! Did I sell the M1 when I was offered 16k from a dealer that is even lower then the first? Hell no. Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! But when the day comes to sell, I will find a true collector and let them have it for a fair price. Until then, it's mine and I will love and respect it. Not turn it around like a gold plated turd. As I have said many many times, the only reason the prices are where they are today, greedy dealers and their lies to the unknowing.

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Mar 19 2006, 08:58 PM)
It's all the greed for money. And, that there are suckers out there born every day. Did I sell my M1 when I was offered 14k from a even greedier dealer? Hell no! Did I sell the M1 when I was offered 16k from a dealer that is even lower then the first? Hell no. Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! But when the day comes to sell, I will find a true collector and let them have it for a fair price. Until then, it's mine and I will love and respect it. Not turn it around like a gold plated turd. As I have said many many times, the only reason the prices are where they are today, greedy dealers and their lies to the unknowing.

now let's go out there and kick some arse..john b. wink! take care,ron

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Mar 19 2006, 08:58 PM)

"The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?"

I'll let you go since you're on a roll.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

and ron.... where were you when i spent all that money on shrinks?

probably helping out nick cage telling him he is not elvis and marrying his daughter would not help him.oh and buying thompson's, and probably watching the three stooge's on t.v.

and a host of other thing's..street kid's from chicago grew up real quick...if you did not you got squashed....

take care,ron

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Mar 19 2006, 10:00 PM)

Bluto's quote from Animal House just befor ethey take over the homecoming parade.

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Mar 20 2006, 07:55 AM)
QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Mar 19 2006, 10:00 PM)

Bluto's quote from Animal House just befor ethey take over the homecoming parade.

Cumon Mike I was at the UofO when they filmed AH.... I may be a capitalist money grubbing republican with depression and mental issues but I do know my Animal House. The whole quote is.....

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

BTW Speaking of being a money grubber don't I owe you some m-o-n-e-y?

well the best we/you can do is help others be informed buyers, I try to do this on the mg42 site sometimes it works sometimes well.... you can lead a moron to info but can't make him think, anyone with half a brain (unless they got $ drippin out their butt) should hopefully have the sense to do some research on a gun and manufacturers variations if they are interested in purchasing 1 this way when they are at a gunshop or gunshow that impulse buy is somewhat informed, there are alot of good sellers out there but also alot of jerks that will say anything to make a $

as far as value increase mI don't know much on the tommy but the mg42 last summer with complete demill reciever was around $400 now we are seeing them go for upwards of $1k, i sell at online auction if someone wants to pay that more power to them but the longer you wait the more it will cost since demill and import regs are quickly changing for the worse, just my .02 http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Concerning the Thompson (Class 3) issue, you can blame the U.S. government for inflated prices. NFA 1934 was bad enough, but not the killer that 1986 would bring. Then add in the "can't import U.S. made firearms/parts yada yada yada". Who did that? Daddy Bush? I ask you experts, wasn't that an executive order by bush? If so, the import ban was (is) not even a law!!!

If a reputable firearms manufacturer could build model 1921's or 28's or even M1A1's today (get rid of 1986 stupidity), what do you think they would sell for new in the box? I'm guessing about $1,500.00 to $2,000.00 (even less if the commie chinese were'nt buying all the steel).

Assuming they were making them, what would the price today be on a Colt Thompson? They would probably be bringing about $5,000.00 - $7,500.00.

What would those WW2 drums be worth if they could be shipped back to America without all the govt red tape? $100.00 -$175.00 is my guess.

The government has control, that's the bottom line. If they wanted to they could repeal 1986 and a U.S. president could lift the import ban. If so, you guys with the big cash could then fight over the Russian lend/lease guns and get them back in the U.S. I would settle for a new model 1921A (as long as Kahr wasn't making it) and be happy, happy, happy.

Any time the government is involved, its bad for the citizen! Just look at the new govt stuff we have since 911! We're spending billions and I don't feel any safer. Its all window dressing. Everything in America is for sale; ports, businesses, oil, senators, congressmen, etc.

Anyway, get rid of the stupid govt laws, rules, etc. and see where the prices go.

Blame the govt., not us!!!!! Well, I guess you can blame us, until we get the right people elected.

Mario

yep all that we own now go's up.but it sure put's a crimp in your wallet if you want to buy another...m-16 was $5,000.00..now you gonna pay $15,000.00 1918 bar $7,000.00 now you want to add one for $30,000.00 so who care's if the few gun's you have go up 10,000.00 each...you will have to sell a few and use that profit to afford the now inflated new one...........

never ending, thats the market huh!wink...but thats okay tho...because everybody like's to part with that buck...

no matter how high it go's...take care,ron

phil a excellent reply.you touched base on all of it...and after the boomer's are all gone.1945 thru 1965 i guess.in about 40 year's.who will care anyway..everybody here age yourself about 40 year's now to the current age you are now.

and some of these item's won't mean squat...you will want more good health and life...the thing's we do are just part of it..kinda like the young troopie who went to iraq.all full of spit and vinegar and ready to fight...after he saw that first kill of his friend with no head.then later they found it.and another blown -up near him...with half a body left...he calmed down somewhat..and later just figured i want to make it back alive...somehow nam had the same story,the beginning and the end.

everybody stay safe.stay well. thanks phil for the word's.. take care,ron