Who Made This Hard Case

Any of you RKI's know who might have made this hard case? I first I thought it might be Bob Necessary but I think his have leather corners. This one has metal corners, unmarked locking latch, lapse are both marked "USA, Excelsior, Stamford, Conn.". The slots for the "L" drum and the butt stock had a felt covered pad, to keep them in place. Thanks in advance.

case 1.JPG

case 2.JPG

case 3.JPG

case 4.JPG

case 5.JPG

case 6.JPG

case 7.JPG

Nick could be Putnam, Swetnam Chicago case.That place out of Tennessee, or a Terry Williams redo.I remember getting a case out of a Mississippi Sheriff Purple inside with metal corners original they bought in real late 30's and it actuaaly hada metal frame in top lid for the Spare parts kit. never saw one like that ever again.My top case count was around fifty plus. Original, redo's.And that outfit from Roger Small. bought about 25 from him also

.Heck SOME cases have handles that look like a worn banana skin from age and wear.That one looks decent. And blue is the normal everybody likes color.The Chicago PD case i had pictured in Rogers book was blue inside.As far as i was able to confirm it was the only one out there. And so far nobody made me a liar to show me another original that is in Private hands. Ron

I remember one time I bought a pile of re-pop Thompson hard cases from Roger Small. When they built up all the cases they used an off spec "L" drum for the pattern to size the cut out for the drums. Re: a correct "L" drum would not fit in the slot. By the time that got figured out, they all had been shipped out to customers. With all the refunds and shipping charges back and forth, I lost a ton of $'s on that deal.

Is it longer than an original Swetnam case? Does the top of the center latch have a stamped circle with what looks like a jet airplane inside the circle?

I got so excited i said {Actuaaly hada} Only a street gangster says that ha ha Ron

All the Smalls i bought had been correct. and i moved them quick because they looked it Get rid of them..

Just about 3/8" longer than a Swetnam. 26 3/4" to 26 7/8" OA. No airplane, but now that you mention it, that armored car case that I posted last night had the stamped circle with what looked like an airplane in it. The latch on this one is unmarked.