Meager Reising Display

horsemarine

I set up a table at the South Carolina Arms Collectors Association show this weekend. It was well received and I enjoyed sharing my modest grouping of rifles and literature. Model 60 is low serial with fins, the two MC-58s are late in the run; serial numbers are close and they have consecutive rack numbers in the stock. The M-65 is a 3 digit example with great condition also. I have had no luck finding the MC- 58 manual or pics of the rifle in use.

Keith

post-262109-0-13632100-1571008581_thumb.jpg

post-262109-0-40604000-1571008601_thumb.jpg

post-262109-0-17719700-1571008618_thumb.jpg

my reising m-60 is sn 22x blue with fins. i wonder at what number they started park finish, no fins ? i also have sn 91x park finish ,smooth finish, just sayn

Thanks, Billy.This is the hardest weapons group I have ever tried to research. I am about 6 months into this project and can not find a definitive answer to your two points. . Best I can tell blued to ~ 750 and fins ~ 300. My finned 60 is original pale parkerizing which is an oddity (too me at 229). Hopefully a resident expert will will chime in on this question.

Keith

Keith:

That is a great looking display. I would like to have seen that one in person. Nice job!

Regards,

Charlie

Thanks! Might bring them to NGD in Louisville. Hopefully drum up another example or two.