Auto Ordinance 1928 Thompson Machine Gun, $13,000.

WTS: 4 Machine Guns from $5,500. to $14,000

1) Auto Ordinance 1928 Thompson Machine Gun, $13,000.00 -.45 auto,11.5"

barrel, compensator.Comes with 90 round drum, removable butt stock, semi or full auto. Some finish wear around buttstock and behind pistol grip.

Overall condition is 95%. Fully transferable.

May be a good deal for someone on the board.

gunrunner

Maybe Buddy decided that the combination of poor spelling skills ("Ordinance"), inability to count ("90 round drum" - well, maybe the seller meant 90 to 100 depending on how much time and money you want to waste), and inability to use a ruler (11.5" barrel) was sufficiently erroneous or deceptive to warrant removal.

Testy is putting mildly,...had a friend post and sell a MG240 last month and buyer posted `sold`...and Buddy jumped all over the seller for posting sold...he should have checked who posted before he publicly tarred and feathered my friend... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif

Buddy's Board if FREE so play by his rules. I think it is a great board and his rules are not hard to follow if you simply read the instructions first. Immediately upon sale of the item the seller should delete the post. Some sellers don't delete immediately upon sale and don't even bother respond to your e-mail to let you know it is sold. Talk about RUDE.

Again, most are assuming that it was Buddy who deleted the post. It may have been deleted by the person who posted the ad (for many possible reasons), or it may have been deleted by Buddy (for rules issues). Last time the assumption was made that Buddy deleted the post in question, it turned out to be incorrect. Yes, Buddy does delete many posts. It keeps the board very clean and efficient.

The rules are pretty easy to follow, as hawksnest mentions. One thing is for sure, the site produces results...and you can't beat the price....

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

You know, you're right. Think of how many times and in as many ways "free" is taken waaay beyond what it was intended. Being a board moderator/operator could take up most of a fellow's time if he let it...right, Nick?

PhilOhio,

I can't say that there has been any real special benefit for my private collection interests, other than I can pretty much post as many manuals for sale on the Collector's Board as I wish, and that increases the volume I have to choose from for myself. (Even so, some people who don't know who I am still get p.o.'d when I list a lot of manuals and books...)

My stock currently consists of about 550 manuals and out-of-print firearm books for sale. I try not to get personally attached to my inventory, but I do have a nice personal collection of Thompson, AN-M2/MG-40, and Reising manuals. I have also been collecting firearm books for 23 years, so I have a "pretty good library." I like to have information on hand. Nothing bothers me more than not being able to find firearm information that I or others seek. I like to either have it on hand, or know where I can get the information quickly.

I have kept my business in manuals and books limited to the Collector's Board, since it has a lower volume of traffic than the other boards. For a few years, my posts on that board were probably the main source of interest. I have bought some firearms and many accessories as a result of ads posted on Sturmgewehr, but I don't see the ads any earlier than everyone else. I spend more time on this board than I do on Sturm.

I pay all the board expenses. That being said, we do try to recover as much as we can through donations twice a year during the "free lunch" program in June and December, and through t-shirt sales. Buddy does a great job of promoting the "free lunch" program, and you may have seen my t-shirt ads posted on all the market boards. These cost recovery efforts began last year, while the board will have been in existence for 6 years next month.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

1) Auto Ordinance 1928 Thompson Machine Gun, $13,000.00 -.45 auto,11.5"

Buddy's board is free, he is still a jackass, and that WH ain't worth 13K.

Keepin' it short and sweet. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif