Kahr 1927a1 Range Report

TommyGunner, is there any chance of an A5-style "pistol" version? Seems with a few of the guys here saying they miss their A5's, and me being too young before That Damn Ban went into effect (only 14 then), this might be an opportunity.

Merry Christmas, y'all.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (LIONHART @ Dec 15 2005, 06:20 PM)
Entirely NEW Semi-Automatic M1928 Thompson Carbine, not produced by Karh. Will feature an Original Height Receiver, unlike the Numrich/Karh Version. Bolt Assembly will consist of using an Original Actuator/Bolt/Recoil Spring/ETC, and will fire from the Closed Bolt position. Since the Receiver will be of the standard size, no need to either use a Modified Mag, or Catch. Trigger Housing will also incorporate Original TSMG Parts. With the exception of a 16" Barrel, this Firearm will appear exactly like the FA. There will be no comparison between the reliability of this new Model, and the Numrich/Karh Guns!

TommyGunner. LIONHART

I got to thinking about this old post from a couple of months ago. Is this still in the works? Any updates?

Hmmmmm, yes, any news???

Zamm

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Lancer @ Feb 17 2006, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (LIONHART @ Dec 15 2005, 06:20 PM)
Entirely NEW Semi-Automatic M1928 Thompson Carbine, not produced by Karh. Will feature an Original Height Receiver, unlike the Numrich/Karh Version. Bolt Assembly will consist of using an Original Actuator/Bolt/Recoil Spring/ETC, and will fire from the Closed Bolt position. Since the Receiver will be of the standard size, no need to either use a Modified Mag, or Catch. Trigger Housing will also incorporate Original TSMG Parts. With the exception of a 16" Barrel, this Firearm will appear exactly like the FA. There will be no comparison between the reliability of this new Model, and the Numrich/Karh Guns!

TommyGunner. LIONHART

I got to thinking about this old post from a couple of months ago. Is this still in the works? Any updates?

TommyGunner, Lionhart

Still wondering.

YES, it's most defiantly in the works, and oddly enough, not by just one entity either! I guess we'll see who come's out with one faster. From what I hear, one is currently with ATF for examination. These things do take time. I'm sure by years end (Hopefully not that long though) more information will become available. Once I hear more, I'll post it. As of late, haven't gotten to much new info on these New Carbines.

so is this something where you can buy a ww2 parts set and buy your reciever and long barrel and build a legal semi when approved?, that is what i sort of get reading this

• 1 month later...
Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything new. However, it appears that Bob at PhiOrd from his comments on other threads, is considering producing better quality Semi-Auto Receiver's.

ronterry: Believe it or not, I ENVY you!!!!! I can't get my 1927A1 KAHR to cock or even take it apart to see what's wrong (and it's brand new). At least you can get yours to go BANG once in a while http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Hmmmm....the magazine writeups I read they said Kahr IMPROVED the quality of the semi-autos. I would hate to see what they were like BEFORE Kahr bought them out.

Dep

Depuy,

Welcome to the board! When you say the gun is new...is it factory fresh or a new gun that was purchased through a dealer or distributor that could have been stored for a while and may not have the latest improvments. Just a thought...could the gun have been cocked with the safety on? This could cause it to lock together, unable to cock.

Best,

Damon

Thanks for the welcome Damon. It's new, ordered from a dealer that ordered it from a wholesaler. Is there any way of me fixing it if someone cocked it with the safety on? Or was it permanently damaged? I can't even take it apart. When I try and take it apart it only seperates about an inch and is still under spring tension. It just slams back together again.

Is there a serial number sequence where they made improvements on the gun?

Dep

Dep,

You can try holding the cocking knob all the way back and working the trigger to try to get the sear to release. If not you may have to just send it in. This is a VERY common problem and is not unheard of for a new gun to be lock up like this if the dealer or some customer who fondled it was not familiar with the gun cocked it with the safety on. I am not saying this is what happened...just not unheard of. Yet another reason to get a factory fresh gun...dosen't have these problems. My natural instinct is to leave the safety on untill I am ready to shoot but you have to go against your better judgement with the semi Thompson's. After getting it apart you will have to inspect the firing pin and sear for damage and replace/fit if necessary. Like I said this is a common problem.

Sorry but I am not aware of a production date or serial number where the improvements were implemented. Is the cocking knob rounded or the cheese grater type? We are working this on two posts...lets keep it to the other for neat housekeeping sake. Hope this helps.

Damon

Thanks a ton Damon! Will try that cocking knob back and play with the trigger thing. Really appreciate your help!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Dep

Anyone heard anything more on this new design subject in a while? Been looking add another and want to know if should just hold of a while longer and how much longer! I have an itch to buy and don't know how much longer I hold back!

Thanks!

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nono.gif

• 10 months later...