Andrewski restored bnz41 in Transport Box

Guys, after a long wait, the MP40 arrived today. In consultation with Mr. Andrewski, and in consideration of the large amount of heavy Patina (I called it rust) both on the outer and inner surfaces of this numbers matching gun, we collectively agreed that a full restoration was required in order to preserve the gun for posterity. Mr. Andrewski completely disassembled the gun, stripped it to white, removed or neutralized 100% of the rust and field brown and where the metal allowed, smoothed the pitting. The gun was then reblued using original German bluing for the period, and reassembled. Any and all parts were inspected and fitted to ensure function and safety. No parts were replaced and all numbered parts were preserved.

Pics include the pre and post gun, and the transport box. As it stands, I got lucky and ordered mine in Luftwaffe blue/gray and further research through Bergflak positively identifies the transport boxes as being used in Luftwaffe communications vehicles. The box is outfitted with 100% OEM spare parts.

As we all say, the pictures do not do the gun justice. Any discolorations you see are due to a light coat of oil (post bluing). My assessment of the work done by John is outstanding. This gun is as close to being "new" as could be described, and will now last forever in mine or my son's hands. I have not shot it, but Andrewski says it hums along just fine.

Enjoy.

post-262407-0-72772200-1634765109_thumb.jpg

post-262407-0-70955000-1634765122_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rekraps
free up space

I modified the case interior just a little, changing the felt to cream color and adding a hook to the spare parts hinged door. The case is amazing, very heavy and true to the original.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the note. John and I agreed that without immediate attention, the rust on the exterior and interior would within a few years render the gun unserviceable (perhaps dangerous) and preservation of the gun was then the more important goal. John really spent time (charged me of course) and the resulting product is quite nice, safe and period correct.

Beautiful job! What a keeper.

I have half a dozen items John assembled or fixed for me. His work is worth the wait.

I have an MP40 tube gun that I may dig out this weekend, its been a while since she has been shot.

Is Johns business address still at the gun range in Manchester,NH?

At his former shop in Freedom NH he would simply shoot out of a shop window into the side of a hill.

Edited by Ready.fire.aim

Thanks. Note that what was done to my gun was a "Preservation" as compared to a restoration. All original parts were retained and preserved as original. Nothing was destroyed, or replaced. The finish is original German production blueing.

On to John, he and I just talked about his shooting at his shop and due to lead issues, he no longer does that. His shop is distinct from the range.

57 Towle Hill Road, Freedom NH, 03836

• 3 months later...

After a mere full year and two weeks my tax stamp arrived today.

My MP38 u 40 rig is now complete and secure in my safe.

Enjoy!

Edited by Rekraps
free up space