Nib Colt "l" Drum For Sale

Wow, I must be out of date again. For a mere $300 more you can buy his matching # C drum.

What is the going prices for Cold drums?

How about WWII drums? I have been thinking $600 - 1500 depending on condition.

Any better input would be appreciated!

It doesn't say NIB in the ad. Did you call him for that extra detail? Seems odd to leave those three letters out of the ad. This guy is not known for his Thompson accessory discounts. Why is he all of sudden comparatively cheap on the price of a "NIB" matching # Colt C drum?

Why did he leave out the price for the Colt matching # L drum?

WOW! $2000 for a canvas case. Holy Crap Batman, I'll make somebody a deal on one for $1500! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Or a repro for $75 http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

for some reason never got along with him...after i tried to do my first deal of selling him a original [john dillinger}plaster cast from the original 1934 mold.full documented..

and some other goodie's..i boxed it up four year's ago,awaiting a check....it never arrived, so it still sit's boxed up in the closet!

go figure!!

and later he asked me for thompson info!!

he can go call recon ord. he will tell him everything he ever want's to know wink!

good luck with the drum's..and make sure to get a return policy on them...i guarantee my stuff.alway's have always will.... take care,ron

QUOTE (colt21a @ Nov 3 2005, 05:54 PM)
for some reason never got along with him...after i tried to do my first deal of selling him a original [john dillinger}plaster cast from the original 1934 mold.full documented..
and some other goodie's..i boxed it up four year's ago,awaiting a check....it never arrived, so it still sit's boxed up in the closet!

go figure!!

he can go call recon ord. he will tell him everything he ever want's to know wink!

good luck with the drum's..and make sure to get a return policy on them...i guarantee my stuff.alway's have always will.... take care,ron

how big a check do ya need.... i mean since it is all packed up already.....

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Nov 3 2005, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (colt21a @ Nov 3 2005, 05:54 PM)

go figure!!

how big a check do ya need.... i mean since it is all packed up already.....

big daddy,thanks for the offer...it was $1,000.00 shipped back then.if i ever decide to sell it.you will be the first to know...since i never expect to hear back from him..ya think maybe he forgot after four year's?????

i've got a few family situation's to handle right now.

so won't be doing much till thing's get worked out.. DEATH is never forgiving..everybody take care,ron

QUOTE (Merry Ploughboy @ Nov 3 2005, 07:25 PM)

WWII L drums are $400 at Sportsmans Guide - if they ever ship.

Yes, the big "if".

No, not if they ever ship, if they are allowed to ship.

I don't understand this constant suspicion of Sportsmans Guide. They are only allowed to import if the Government approves it. Sportsmans Guide didn't devise a scam to profit from the interest on the advance sales. No one's credit cards have been charged for these drums. Your card will be charged when they ship the goods. It seems pretty simple to me, what is so hard to understand about this?

I guess it doesn't fit into the gunshop rumor mill, like the reproduction drums with fake manufacturing markings sitting over in Europe. It seems that some people will believe anything.

I still want to add a C-Drum to my collection but can't justify spending big money to do it. What are West Hurly 100 rounders going for these days?

Anyone looking to get rid of one or have a source for them, obviously a W/H would need to go to Merle to work right but I can deal with that later.

i sold a n.i.b.one last year for $1,000.00 plus shipping..no greed there,i paid a grand for it when i bought it..before the big drum scare...and kahr drum talk...

just wait until i buy something from somebody then later on you can get it from me for cost.... wink!!

but then you will owe me a favor.and when called upon you must produce... lucca brazzi

take care,ron

While it might be true that no CC's have been charged for the unshipped drums but how many people opted to join their "Buyer's Club" at $29.99? At a savings of $40 per drum it's a good deal "if" they ship. The $29.99 was charged at the time the order was placed. They charged me and then told me they can't ship the drums to Ohio. I eventually got my money back. Scam? I doubt it but they have your $29.99 whether they ship or not. IMHO

Chuck

QUOTE (Merry Ploughboy @ Nov 4 2005, 07:16 PM)

I said "if they ever ship".

Nowhere did I indicate that the cause of the failure to ship was a scam by SG.

Merry Ploughboy,

I misinterpreted your post, I stand corrected.

First Sergeant,

As far as the Buyer's Club fee goes that applies to any merchandise they offer, so when you signed up for the discount price when you ordered the drum(s) it would remain in effect whether they shipped the drum to Ohio or not.

I've had good luck and good customer service from Sportsmans Guide, so I guess I look at their special offers and merchandise differently than others that are more skeptical. They won't ship certain merchandise to where I live either, but I hold the politicians that enact the restrictive laws and local ordnances accountable for that, not Sportsmans Guide.

gijive,

I've had pretty good customer service from the Guide and was a member for several years. This arbitrary no ship policy of thiers kinda left a bad taste so I haven't renewed. I know of a few people who signed up merely for the discounts on the drums. If they don;t ship those and they choose not to order anything else from them, they're still out the membership fee.

Chuck