DISPLAY THOMPSON

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k602/markedward2112/IMG_0001-28.jpghttp://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k602/markedward2112/IMG_0002-13.jpghttp://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k602/markedward2112/IMG_0004-5.jpg

Edited by MARK2112

Mark2112,

Its looking good, feel as if we've been building it together since you have been keeping us abreast of your progress. It's been fun.

That mag catch sure stands out but I know you will take of it. I have welded the hole in three mag catches and make Savage checkering with old tool and die files. Takes a lot of time but it works.

Keep up the good work

Frank

yep....the mag catch needs to get modified

this was my very first attempt at bluing, with a little help from our bluing dept guy.it is a beautiful bluing job but a touch too dark to be a colt. I was told to rub the surfaces out with newspaper to give it a more carbonia look. Ron wanted $800.00 to do a colt finish on my kit but for now that was too much for me to spend. The wood is mint and all original but Im waiting for dans wood set because Im looking for that deep red color.and I need to do my homework on the correct drum

for some reason I cant post pictures here....ill shoot out some pictures of the stand tonight

Edited by MARK2112

here is the display stand i had Dave from Thompsonbarrels.com make for me,it isn't stained yet but the COLT MODEL 1921 and the Thompson signature are inletted from walnut .i believe it to be the best stand out there and gives a nice unobstructed view of the gun. A kit is only as good as how its displayed. Its heavy duty and has inserted metal nuts pressed into the upright so its very ridged. The standoff pegs are made of delrin so there is no metal on metal contact.it is cant adjustable and a nice adhesive felt was added to the bottom. Kudos to Dave for such a fine piece of hardware for my hardware. he seems eager to make more and id really like to see him make more of these for whatever firearm your displaying.

Edited by MARK2112

Very nice, it's design allows either drums or stick mags to be displayed.

Most others only allow one or the other.

Darryl

Very nice stand.

Thanks for posting.

If anyone considers duplicating it, notice that the rear peg is as close as possible to the receiver, supporting the gun by the stock metal, and not the wood. An inch further back would transfer all the weight to the wood stock, where (in particular if the rear screw is slightly loose), a crack might develop.

• 2 weeks later...