WWII Armored Vehicle TSMG 20/30 Round Magazine Chest

I thought some of you that collect the military guns might like to see this. Its an original armored vehicle extra magazine ammo chest. It would have been clamped down inside the tank, halftrack or other armored vehicle but could be removed and carried in an emergency. The box was made with a lot of thought because 18- 30 round mags fit perfect long ways or you could load it the other way with 20 rounders. The box is felt lined so the mags would not rattle. Dan

post-141-0-72236400-1425155381_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Very cool, never seen those. That's some small arms firepower! A question asked with humor: Inside a tank would anybody hear that case rattling? Just curious. Never been inside of one. Anything that didn't make extra noise was likely good in any combat situation. Like Thompson drums in WW2. My uncle told me about that, as he was a Sarge in the Pacific with a Thompson.

Thanks for posting!

I never owned a tank but did have an armored car and a halftrack for a while. I think the felt was more to protect the mags more than the noise. The old armored vehicles were very noisy when moving especially the halftrack