Greasegun mag in a Auto Ord semi possible?

Im looking at a West Hurley Auto Ordanance 1927 semiauto and am wondering if a greasegun mag could be made to fit and feed? Ive got a bunch of them that I use in my AR.45 sbr and pccs. I assume that the gg mag wouldnt operate the bolt hold open on the Thompson. Are the dimensions close enough? Anyone else try this?

Why ?

The Thompson mag is superior to the M3 magazine. Double column , double position feed. You can modify your semi auto to take unaltered G.I. Thompson mags . Shop around.
The 30 round mags can be had for $20 or so. SARCO has the 20 round mags for about $25-30 each.

In my initial looking I found Thompson mags for 70.00!!!, my gg mags were only 30.00. Id rather mod a couple of my mags than spend 70.00 for one. Sarco shows out of stock but What A Country shows 20-30 rd mags on their sight so Ill call today to check. Thanks. Edited by Baltimoreed11754

Seventy bucks for a Tommy gun mag is way too much. Did you modify the mag catch on yours ?

The effort to modify a M3 mag to work in a Thompson not worth the result. Unless you have lots of spare time !

If you want some modified Thompson mags I have 4 that are not needed. Send me a PM .