BM59 purchase advice

sfal

Hi....new to BM59's....but not 2 Guns....have a chance to get a 59..with. ...bipod grenade sight..from what I remember has Springfield and Beretta on heel sn was 00012xx...hope to see it again in a few days.

.I have been going through posts here to gain some insight on these. ..posts have been very helpful. I now have a better idea what to look for..my question is. ..If it is a sa built with a Beretta forging....ie not welded. ..what would be a decent price for it. ...has 6 maybe 8 mags...or if it is welded would that affect value. ...Thanks for any input. ..

Al

saw it today....it didn't have Beretta on heel...Springfield Armory with the T in a circle....above that 7.62 mm BM59... has a Beretta barrel, stamped PB 1984 7 62 mm 03-097-A-1 ........winter trigger...looked like a GI bolt....12-15 mags....he asking $3500....

I am guessing that receiver with the t in a circle is a SA forging....

Thanks Al

post-260714-0-00417000-1471731024_thumb.jpg

post-260714-0-79135500-1471731036_thumb.jpeg

post-260714-0-60959100-1471731253_thumb.jpg

Edited by sfal

Hi Al,

All Springfield Inc BM59 Receivers are unfinished Beretta Forgings - some had been marked on the Heel & some not - depends where they were in production when Beretta shut down the BM59 plant. None were far enough along to be considered F/A by ATF - although you can see machining for the selector lever cut out on the front of the receiver.

As to the price - I'd think about $2500 in VG condition, without the box & papers, with 1 Mag.

VG used Mags were going for about $50 each - so that's $600-700 there.

Does it have the Springfield Box & Manual? Add 5-10 percent if it does.

A Bayonet? Add $200

Sling, Long Range Grenade Sight, Cleaning Kit, M3A1 Take-down Tool? All would add bit if present.

Looks like a nice rifle

Down side (to me) unmarked OpRod, and sounds like an unmarked Bolt - nothing wrong with them - I just like seeing 'BM59' stamped on everything.

Good Luck

post-56709-0-87655900-1471744651_thumb.jpg

TopN....Thanks for the help.....BP on some small parts...bolt hold open....piece up by sight....didn't take it apart.... I also was hoping the bolt was a 59.....didn't ask about a box but if there was on iam sure it would have been in it....and I forgot to check to see if a cleaning was in it.....

Thanks again Al