Vote For Kerry.....not Me

Subject: A letter to Mr. Kerry

Open Letter to John Kerry:

My wife had rotator cuff surgery earlier this year, and the recovery is

terribly painful. Then, she developed a staph-epi infection, and they

had to cut the same scar open and operate on her again. Just thinking about the pain and anxiety of facing that painful surgery a second time in the same wound, makes me cringe. That experience, however pales in comparison to what I am going through right now, in my heart.

The old hurts are surfacing and the feelings of betrayal by fellow

citizens,and their leader stirring them up, are breaking my heart again. I am being cut in the same scar. How did we who served in Vietnam suddenly become cold-blooded killers, torturers, and rapists, of the ilk of the Nazi SS or the Taliban? Most of us were American soldiers who grew up idolizing JohnWayne, Roy Rogers, and all the other heroes. That was why I volunteered.But for political expediency, John Kerry has rewritten history, again. After spending only four months in the country of Vietnam, John Kerry testified before Congress in 1971 with these exact words about incidents he supposedly witnessed or heard about from other vets: "They personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."I was a green beret officer who volunteered for duty in Vietnam and fought in the thick of it in 1968 and 1969 on a Special Forces A-team on the Ho Chi Minh Trail, just for starters. We were the elite. We saw the most action.Everybody in the world knows that. But we did not just kill people, we built a church, a school, treated illnesses, passed out soap, food, and clothing,and had fun and loving interaction with the indigenous people of Vietnam,just like our boys did in Normandy, Baghdad, Saigon, and everywhere American soldiers ever served. We all gave away our candy bars and rations to kids.Our hearts to oppressed people all over the globe.My children and grandchildren could read your words, and think those

horrendous things about me, Mr. Kerry. You are a bold-faced,

unprincipled liar, and a disgrace, and you have dishonored me and all my fellow Vietnam veterans. Sure, there were a couple bad-apples, but I saw none, and I saw it all, and if I did, as an army officer, it was my obligation to stop it, or at the very least report it. Why is there not a single record anywhere of you ever reporting any incidents like this or having the perpetrators arrested? The answer is simple. You are a liar. Your medals and mine are not a free pass for lifetime, Senator Kerry, to bypass character, integrity,and morality. I earn my green beret over and over daily in all aspects of my life.Eight National Guard green berets, and other National Guard soldiers,have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, and you totally dishonored their widows and families by lumping National Guard service in with being a draft-dodger,conscientious objector, and deserter, just so you can try to sabotage the patriotism of our President who proudly served as an Air National Guard jet pilot. I have a son earning his green beret at Fort Bragg right now, and his wife serves honorably in the Air National Guard, just like President Bush did, and I am as proud of her as I am my son. I volunteered for Vietnam and have no problem whatsoever with President Bush being our Commander-In-Chief.In fact, I am proud of him as our leader.John Kerry, you personally derailed the Vietnam Human rights Bill,HR2883,in 2001, after it had passed the House by a 411 to 1 vote, and thousands of pro-American Montagnard tribespeople in Vietnam died since then who could have been saved, by you. Earlier, as Chair of the Senate Select Committee on MIA/POW Affairs, you personally quashed the efforts of any and all veterans to report sightings of living POW's, when you held those reins in Congress.You have fought tooth and nail to push for the US to normalize relations with Vietnam for years. Why, Mr. Kerry? Simple, your first cousin C.Stewart Forbes, CEO, of Colliers International, recently signed a contract with Hanoi, worth BILLIONS of dollars for Collier's International to become the exclusive real estate representative for the country of Vietnam.

"Hanoi John," now that it works for you, you beat your chest about your Vietnam service, but to me, you are a phony, opportunistic, hypocrite.

Youare one of those politicians that is like a fertilizer machine: all that

comes out of you is horse manure, and you are spreading it everywhere. Medals do not make a man. Morals do.

Don Bendell

Canon City, Colorado

Don Bendell served as an officer in four Special Forces Groups, is a

best-selling author with over 1,500,000 books in print, a 1995 inductee

into the International Karate Hall of Fame, and owns karate schools in

southern Colorado.

Um I don't want to start anything up but.... Don't a few things seem contradictory(sp?)? Sure, there were a couple bad-apples, but I saw none, and I saw it all, and if I did, as an army officer, it was my obligation to stop it, or at the very least report it. He reported if he saw it, but he didn't see anything?? They were a few bad apples but he didn't see any, and he saw it all? No body tried for war crimes? Talk about revisionist history.... Don't ask me what I did during the war you won't like it.... But it was not the star spangled building churches and such this guy describes.... I talked with quite a few vets returning from their tour, and the stories they told were pretty sad.... It was war, even though your goverment says otherwise, for Gawds sakes...

Although I would NEVER EVER vote deamoncrat again... This is just election time propaganda bravo serria as far as I'm concerned....

yea....you got some good points there...i agree...but he has some eye opening points there also.....i can say that i'm NOT voting for kerry...and i'm gonna wait and see what happens with the gun laws before i decide if i vote for GB .....

You guys are among the many of us that would never vote for Hanoi John, as far as I am concerned he is a traitor and should have been shot along with Jane Fonda, Ed Asner, Ramsey Clark,etc. POEPLE LIKE THEM are what the hell is wrong with our country. Can you imagine what it would be like today if algore would have gotten 276 more votes in FL. WE WOULD ALL BE DOWN THE TUBE BY NOW.

Just to clear up my position... I "am" a single issue voter... If the second amendment falls, then all the rest is worthless... My not voting for Kerry, has nothing to do with the "Hanoi John" moniker many have hung around his neck.....

I`m a single issue voter also,... however I don`t think it takes much thought to see a snake in the grass when you see one. I tend to see Bob Bendell`s version of Vietnam history as more realistic than revisionist and not take some flipflopping lowlife democrap`s whining B.S. as the truth.People who stand behind the 2nd Amendment and really believe in what it means,all have much in common...similar values,morals...integrity.It`s not hard to see Mr. Bendell`s character...kerry hids his well...just my .02,out http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Ya but... that Gomer..he could really sing a tune...kerry only tunafishes.

I think its common knowledge that John did 2 tours. The first was cut short by his wounds. His second, because he had three Purple Hearts, was cut short when he selected, as was his privilege for being wounded 3 times, to take a stateside assignment, as an Admiral's aide I believe.

I would never disparage a vet, especially one who was wounded three times, but the guy did not serve two full tours in country. He was lucky to receive three, $333,333.00 wounds as they say.

Again, no disrespect, I wasnt there, but I wasnt flying fighters for the Guard either.

Anti-gun Kerry did good in Nam, ok. But he went bad on us,while we were still fighting over there,associating with these commie linked anti-war (anti-American) groups, and his testimony to the Cong/Senate committee, about how 'we all are murdering SOBs'. Thanks Kerry.....My buddies in their graves thank you......A Trp, 1/1 Cav.....68-69 http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Setting aside this, he is just a Kennedy liberal Clone, that is destructive to our country, and represents everything opposite of me, and my core beliefs, and our beloved 2nd Amendment. He has got to be defeated...Time for the Pres to destroy him...We got to stop trying to get the libs to like us;;;They never will ! So time to push them off. ....... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Oh, and the National Gurd & Reserve during Nam, was a place to go, to try and stayout of, or delay going to Viet Nam; We all knew it, and until your unit was called up, you played games in the org.......We had a huge Army in Europe waiting for the Soviets to attack, that's were I trans from to Nam, and the Air National Guard was to go that way, and trained for it, if the stuff hit the fan; That's what Lt. George Bush trained for, in case. (I think clinton left the country to avoid service, did'nt he?)..Kentucky, and other states had NG units called up, and went to Nam. A NG Artillery Battalion, fom Bardstown, got called, prepared, in 30 days and went....They got over-run in an attack by the NVA in the first six weeks there, & lost a bunch of guys. So there was that possibility for NG & Reserves.

Kerry and the Libs, profess the "Sitting Duck" policy, and we already learned that it cost us big.....Pres Bush has brought the fight into the front and back yards of the stinking mussie fanatics, and has just upset their days for them....Let's keep it up, & finish it, it has cost so much already....jw

You know, when the topic of voting for President of this awesome country comes up, I am always amazed by the "pro-gun" people that I know, that often say that they don't want to (or wont) vote for President Bush due to some supposed slight or policy that the President said/supported. My question to them is just who then do want to vote for? The dem-o-rats?(liberals) or the librarians (libertarian party) gun grabers or ????? who knows what the libertarian party stance on firearms is? Anyway, we all need to get into the act this year and get the word out on Kerry and the other liberal scum! who wants another 5-10 years of a nazi liberal in the White House?

Libertarian party is mucho pro gun ownership... And for the right reasons... I wish they could gain more political clout personally... I was a big Ed Clark fan when he ran, but "the" two big powers will not let a third party get a foot in the door....

Libertarian gun stance....

Wish Bush and his cronies had the balls to step up like this...

personally....i will not vote for kerry...i did vote for GB...i personally know of the "gores" Al was from around here where i live...thats why he lost his home state...everyone knows they are crooks....gore screwed himself by going against the farmers that got him to where he was at....plus he was in with blowjob bill that didn't inhale....lol....personaly...i don't trust any of them....but i'm happy with what GB has done and i support him..just hope he backs us on the 2nd admin.

We will never sway the left to our way of thinking. What disturbs me is the incredibly huge number of guys who are weapons owners but will not join the NRA or simply vote using the lame excuse that they "don't want to be put on a list"

No kidding I have heard that excuse from way more people than you would think...one was even an ex FBI agent. What they do not understand is that when the firearms have all been put under lock and key...and are controlled by the leftist elite who will still have them (right Rosie?) being on a list will be the last of their worries.

Vote...and get that guy who thinks they won't bother his rabbit gun and deer rifle to vote too. That's where our political clout will have to come from. There are just not enough of us to carry on this fight without them.

C6

What gun rights we have left is due in LARGE part to the NRA.... There is no reason why any pro-gun person should not belong... If you can't afford it, sell one of your guns to pay for your membership! Lose your rights and you'll have to give it up anyhow..... Like my sig says shame on anyone here who is not a member... And no, just because you may not like the current leadership, that is not an excuse.....