Pricey Parts Kit

Looks like he is trying to make a quick buck.....IMA still has parts sets in the condition he describes (maybe better) for $999. Only a matter of time and he'll get what he wants for it. Wish I had an extra 5 grand or so...I'd hoard up some parts and make a killing when the "thompson bug" spreads some more. Just wait till they dedicate the new WWII memorial on the mall....I drive past it every morning, pretty impressive.

This guy says his kit is all Savage. Walter at IMA said their parts kits are composed of mixed parts taken from large parts bins, not a full set from one individual demilled 28. Some parts are Savage, some Stevens, some Bridgeport AO, some even Remington. But they are in like new condition and he said he has a large supply. But you never can tell. Sarco had 20 1918A2 BAR kits, then they had none. I asked Ohio Ordnance if they bought them all, and they said they couldn't say.

Carey

When I called IMA a month ago to buy Savage 28 parts,they said their 28 kits were all AOC. I wonder who`s getting the straight dope here...and that Walter guy is never,ever there to talk to...`he`ll be in on tuesday..wednesday.. no wait maybe nex

t week...just call back` and did call back and kept trying...never did track him down.It sounds like they didn`t give me the right info.Anybody ever get 28 Savage parts kits from IMA.. If so ...how about aheads up? TIA,out.

I actually did track down Walter and talk to him... Didn't discuss your question specifically. I think my IMA 28 kit is a mixed bag. A.O. frame, with a mix of A.O. and Stevens inernals. I think some of the other parts, such as the bolt, are Savage. I'll try to look later.

My info came from a conversation with Walter yesterday. I politely ask some questions of Paul in customer service, then Walter asked to talk to me to set the record straight. My parts kit is a mixed bag, also. Savage frame and bolt, but everything else is mixed. Paul emailed me that their web site is FUBAR at this point, so you can't use it for much.

Carey

Hi Gang,

The set I got from IMA back in July/Aug. was of mixed parts. The lower was AO that had had its s/n changed. (see my earlier posts about this and the set itself). Internals mostly Savage. The condition of the finish is 95%+. Same goes for the wood. Just need a really nice display receiver, (Doug R.). I'm very happy with it and IMA. May order another after I get my taxes back!

Take care,

Bill

Saw three 1928A1 sets from IMA. One was AO frame with changed serial number, Two was a Savage frame, Three as an AO frame. All mixed internals. Bolts (two were bright bolts) and actuators (one knurled) were all S marked. No markings on stock slides that I could find. Barrels had P's and S's stamped. S's on forearms and grips, minor dings from shipping and handling. No markings on front reciever stubs, never got to take off forearm mounts to see if there was a serial number underneath. Barrels/comps appeared unfired. 95% + finish on frames/stock slides, they do not appear to be refinished to me. Any of the very minor marks/scrapes look like they could have happened when IMA put them in the box to ship. Bolts/actuators/blish locks/oilers/guides unused. Worth the money ($999) considering the price of other gun parts kits, these are (were) Thompsons! M1A1 kits are not as clean as the '28 kits, have seen much use. Not the almost unusable, rusted junk I've seen from other suppliers.