Romanian 8mm 170gr NC Ball

DZelenka

Has anyone used this ammo? It is 2013 production Romanian non corrosive 170 gr FMJ with a green lacquer seal. I've been looking on the internet and have seen some concerning posts. I would be using it in MG34 and MG42. I would love some feedback before I purchase.

Dan

post-259934-0-52858400-1472244841_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We have used the Romanion 147 gr surplus stuff that is hard to find these days in the MG 42. No problem as our 42 loves the steel cases. As far as the MG34, we use surplus brass ammo in 8mm with no issues. Our experience with both weapons is that the 42 likes steel and not the brass is it tends to get tore up and occasionally hung up during the ejection prosess...

Good luck

We have used the Romanion 147 gr surplus stuff that is hard to find these days in the MG 42. No problem as our 42 loves the steel cases. As far as the MG34, we use surplus brass ammo in 8mm with no issues. Our experience with both weapons is that the 42 likes steel and not the brass is it tends to get tore up and occasionally hung up during the ejection prosess...

Good luck

I've been shooting the Romanian 147gr surplus I my 42. It shoots great. The stuff I was asking about is actually new production, not surplus.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if its all the same, but that green box Romanian ammo is out of spec. I purchased alot of it... It would not chamber in my friend's 1910 Danzig Mauser, nor the pre-sample MG34 I use to have. I just recently purchased a transferable MG34 and am looking for good ammo to run in it. All I had for my older pre-sample was PPU... The stuff seems to be sold out everywhere, though.