Sten Mag And Suomi Drum Marriage

Now that it seems that the ban will sunset I am looking for someone who can combine a Sten mag with a Suomi drum for a 71+ round mag for my Sterling. Anyone out there do this or know of anyone who does this?

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Smiffo

Smiffo, instead of buying a Suomi drum ($35) and a Sten mag ($15) and dummy rounds and the cost of designing and welding and refinishing all for 71 rounds why don't you just buy a Sterling 34 x 2 double mag. Factory welded. Available immediately. No chance of jamming. All for $85.

I was going to weld a Suomi drum to a stick mag for my MK-760 (like the ones C&S Metall Werkes used to sell) but was talked out of it for the same reasons. Two stick mags, electrical tape and some shims work just as well.

See ya :-)

John,

I already have 2 X 68 round double Sterling mags. I thought it might be fun to marry Sten mags ($4) with Suomi drums ($10 - I bought the drums before the "rush"). If they work out I may have a few for sale. Still waiting on my Mk IV (pending 1/9/04). Are you going to the Indiana sub-gun shoot?

Best wishes

Dave

Hey Dave, I just sold my double mag. I'm a lefty and there was too much monkey-motion to reverse it. Kinda heavy too with all that weight hanging off one side.

I'm not going to make it to the Indiana shoot. Are you going to the creek?

John C.

John,

I'll bet the Sterling is a bit of a PITA for a lefty! Us Brits (soon to be US citizen) never knew how to make a gun for lefties - shame. Can't make to the 'Creek - family and work commitments. Will get in contact about shooting somewhere when my Mk IV arrives!

Straight, safe (and fast)!

Dave

Dave. You are going to become a US ciitizen? That's great. I'm proud of you.

Say, if you need a carry case for your Sterling I just picked up a nice one from Wal-Mart. It's a nylon, padded paintball gun case and the length is perfect for an L2. Can't be beat for 18 bucks. I can even fit in 2 filled four mag pouches inside with it. Too bad the word "paintball" is embriodered on it but for $18 I can live with it.

John C.

PS: sorry but I can't shoot the Sterling fast. I'm still getting used to the sloooooow cycle rate.