The Mega Buck's>are Kickin My Arse!

yep thats right....i was able at one time to go to a auction with $100,000.00 and get whatever i wanted...thompson's lever action's.luger's p-38's....and all the goodie's....now today don't waste you're time....

all the well heeled...or just maybe old money...are coming out of the closet....to make more....screw history on this stuff........mo-money!!is all they are looking for!

and willing to raise the bar on these item's....so us small guy's don't get them....

just offered to buy a collection from a colt guy!! offered over four time's what he paid for it....some gun's at $20,000.00 plus...and he say's oh!! i can get more at auction's,or the net...or some RICH A-HOLE,that does not know what he want's but it say's "thompson" so it must be worth ten time's more to him..

i never figured i would offer $20,000.00 for something i sold a number of year's ago for $5,000.00..so now this is the plan...for the coming 2005...I WON'T ANYMORE!!

i will let the rich battle it out, for these so called exotic's.i am out of the battle,

one less grey hair to worry about...

$20,000.00 b.a.r's

$40,000.00 mg-42's and mg-34's

$30,000.00 colt 21's...

fg-42's colt monitor's,villa perosa's.i won't even go there!

there really is no logic to it...

and some wonder in the wide world of thing's{why} they think we are crazy...

at one time you could make a few buck's and have fun...and enjoy it all....now they all want to make 200% on anything..

HISTORY in firearm's...nowadays. nope just $$$$$.

i cannot figure when we lost it all.however it did happen.

well will see you all on the darkside of collecting.

wink!

take care,ron

colt21a,

Yes, you're rite, the market on "Thompson's" has gone "CRAZY" http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif . Take a look at the forum topic that "Sig" just put on -- "New York's Machine-gun For Mobs" dated 1920, that's why the craze -- highest bidder takes a piece of history home with them!!!!!.........

Just my 2-cents,

PS - Thanks for sharing that article Sig http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif .

see ya,

Jim http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

"for the coming 2005...I WON'T ANYMORE!!"

ron isn't this like the second or third time you quit? you're not just yellin wolf are you? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

yes and with the t.g.factor,it won't be like the old days when alot more people did own them....and thats sad..

i tried to spread alot of them around.but i guess it was just not good enough.

well buddies thank the other fellow collector's for that!! wink!

everybody just needs one.....take care,ron

Ok Ron...

What do you have n your collection that you will now sell???????

You gonna sell it for less than somebody else will pay because you think its crazy or perhaps historical and should go really cheap?

Funny when the flipper gets flipped ain't it?????

The Inet has made it harder for you to buy a gun for 3K and sell it for 6K next week. But not to worry... your getting out of it....or are you? Those wholesale and retail numbers are converging aint they?

Sometimes your more full of shoot than I am.

Snivel Snivel, whine whine....Reminds me of those fake ads where you see..."I PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR LEGAL MG's"

Yeah right.....

see john you really don't know me i never did that!!

and if you ever did see my thompson's ad's for anything in the past you would know that....sell a thompson for double who me???never happen,never did!

i was always fair in pricing,and always had the best stuff........do i have to prove that here??nope....since i am bowing out, and will let the big guy's like yourself tow the load.

try and have a good new year.maybe someday you will see the light.

so let's just leave the post as is and what it really says....

and have some peace.if you so desire to continue a squabble fire away,heck it's dec,31,a great way to end the old year.......wink!!

everybody here have a good one.take care,ron

"yep thats right....i was able at one time to go to a auction with $100,000.00 and get whatever i wanted...thompson's lever action's.luger's p-38's....and all the goodie's....now today don't waste you're time....

and willing to raise the bar on these item's....so us small guy's don't get them...."

I don't know about the rest of you but if Colt 21a can walk into an auction with 100k and is a "small guy" I'm lower than a peasant!

And if I took $100k to a gun auction my wife would kick my ass until my nose bled! Ron, more power to you! wink. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif I'm just a poor white guy.

i have a good friend in the bizz.we talked for awhile at s.a.r.show,he is now doing deal's worldwide.and mentioned to me ,that he just got a line of credit for a $1,000.000.000..and he mention's now it's not enough to do some deal's.that now take's upward's of 3 mill.

so yes the market has passed us by...by a very longshot....

maybe people did not realize..that little old dealer in bloomington year's back was worth around 15 mill when he was doing his deal's...and was buying up thompson by the ten's...and alot of other m'g's'......money to mo-money.wink!!

i was just making a point to those that did not realize...

it is later then we think!!

take care,ron

QUOTE (LIONHART @ Jan 1 2005, 12:28 AM)
With all this big money floating around, anyone care to send me some? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

lionhart i'm sure if you have good gun's to sell i can point you in the direction of who will buy them,including myself....right now mo money then gun's....too much hoarding going around...

and it seem's every time i have a few located.they always have a buddy to sell them to..........i myself think's it's b.s.anyhow...because why did they not contact the buddy in the first place..........

another thing in the gun bizz besides gun's...is gun/bs sale storie's..

i am going to start runnin some ad's..of will buy minty gun's for big buck's..and whatever i will pay........some wack/case will pay more.............BECAUSE>"he's gotta have it" the fix!

anyways keep pluggin away..take care,ron