1927A1 Experts - I Need Some Info ....

Hi again..

As previously stated - I am in the market for a AO/Thompson 1927a1. I have found a seller that has one that I am intrested in. However I am unsure if this is the latest version or an old stock version.

In a E-brochure I download (dated from 2005) the cocking knob is shown as a "sperical knob". Ive have uploaded a pic at the bottom of this post, from that brochure.

The model I am looking - the cocking knob looks more cyclindrical :

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/GunBowanna/RIFLES/Auto-Ordnance%201927%2045/IMG_0422.jpg

Also in another store - the model I handled there had a different safety switch- it was a slider type. Again the one I am looking at - looks different, it has a flipper switch. Is this model the most current, is the flipper style better ? You can see the flipper switch in the pic above. Also is this one the steel reciever ?(as opposed to the aluminum which I dont want!)

Thanks for your help! The pic of the spherical knob version is attached to this message (click on thumbnail)

post-258146-0-63717500-1335554614_thumb.jpg

Deep creek Rock,

The new Kahr models have the new actuator knob, the pic above has the old design. Also the safety actuator is a flat paddle type with a hole in the center. These changes make the gun look more like a 28 model. I don't know when these changes were made by Kahr but unless you get a good buy on older design these two pieces can be changed out for about $60. I hope this helps you. Welcome to the board good luck and look around their are some good prices out their.

Frank

The catalog photo you posted is one of the "transition" models.

It has the rounded cocking knob, but still has the pinned safety lever and the original GI shaped pistol grip.

The current pistol grip is much reduced on the lower rear as shown in your top photo. Happily, that is easily changed.

Kahr is like a box of chocolates.

Welcome to the board brother. I have two of the newer 1928 versions and they both have round bolt handles on top.

So I concur, this is probably an older version. And those versions had a lot of "hiccups" which you're probably already

familiar with.

John