• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 stingray656667

stingray656667

• Regular Group
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

Hello,

Do any of the members have experience, good or bad, running the newer (black box with picture of brass cased 45) S&B ammo in their '28's or M1/M1A1?  I have the opportunity to pick up several cases of this ammo at a fantastic price but I've never run the newer ammo.  I was trying to find the red,white and green boxed ammo but have had no success. Is there a difference between the two?  Thank you for any and all opinions.

stingray656667

#2 StrangeRanger

StrangeRanger

• Regular Group
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:45 PM

Almost everyone at the TCA shoot was using it. I was using Blazer Brass but have since bought asupply of S&B

#3 stingray656667

stingray656667

• Regular Group
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:22 PM

Thank you for the information StrangeRanger.  That makes me quite a bit more confident knowing that the shooters at the TCA meet were using the S&B ammo which prompted you to obtain a supply as well.  I've grabbed all of the cases that the party who is looking to liquidate had on hand.

stingray656667

#4 Petroleum 1

Petroleum 1

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 928 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:05 AM

I have had good luck with the S&B in my tommy and other .45acp fa

#5 Colt Chopper

Colt Chopper

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 588 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:25 AM

S&B is my favorite. Only difference in the new packaging color is the they now have small primers.

The original Red/Green/White boxes had the Large primers. Those who reload have to be aware,

#6 DZelenka

DZelenka

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:00 AM

S&B is my favorite. Only difference in the new packaging color is the they now have small primers.

The original Red/Green/White boxes had the Large primers. Those who reload have to be aware,

Wish I has known that before ordering 4000 rounds. I hate small primer .45 brass.

#7 stingray656667

stingray656667

• Regular Group
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:49 PM

The primers in the S&B ammo I purchased are large primers, not small, and the boxes are black with a round on the face.  I hope yours are the same.  

stingray656667

#8 StrangeRanger

StrangeRanger

• Regular Group
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 08:42 AM

Mine is large primer as well

#9 Tiz

Tiz

• Regular Group
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Skeet, Trap, Reloading, Shooting, and anything Full Auto

Posted 11 October 2019 - 08:44 AM

I just purchased several flats ( 1000 rounds ) of S&B black box. It has large primers and runs great in my Tommy. $13.00 a box by the flat.