Ebay Lock Out?

I tried viewing a number of Thompson items on ebay and received the following message:

Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You.

Anyone know what the deal is? Thanks Matt http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Matt,

What is your "Home Country"? Maybe I am too dumb to figure it out, but here in MI it works fine.

I am in Oregon. I just got a new computer ( a Mac). Just tried my old computer (PC) works fine. So, I assume it has something to do with settings on the computer. Since the new operating system is new to me, I have no idea where to start. I will advise when I figure it out. Hate to think I have to go back to microsoft. Are Macs made in California?

Sorry, the only Mac I am familiar with is the Big Mac. (Bridge, in MI, of course!)

Maybe Nick can help with that ... Nick?

Guys-

I had this problem a while back. Turns out that in your Internet Explorer settings if you have anything other than English loaded under the languages tab, Ebay detects this and locks you out of various categories. All you have to do is go to Tools, Intenet Options, and click on the Languages button and delete all the languages that are loaded other than "english, US" and you'll be good to go. Hope this helps.