WTS Transferable Madsen M50 SMG

Chopper28

A little off topic here but got the OK from David to post this. David feel free to move this if needed. I have an excellent condition Madsen M50 SMG for sale. Gun is transferable, on F4 in AL and is C&R. All original finish at 90% conservatively. Original leather on the stock. Runs great. One of the best looking Madsens I have seen. I also have many original accessories and spare parts for it including barrels, magazines, mag loaders and various small parts. Selling to help offset medical bills for a total hip replacement that I will get on Monday June 4th. Can supply pics and complete parts list via text if interested. Asking $10K for everything. Just email or text me for more details.

Many thanks David

Chris

Chopper1928@yahoo.com

205-470-5653

Edited by Chopper28

Chris, Hope the Hip goes well today!

mag loader in grip....where do the other spare parts go?....i heard Ikea stole many of the Madsen's ideas and use it in their furniture now

QgVCSjo.jpg

Edited by huggytree

Mine looks just as nice.....and it should since it's less than 100 away from that serial number.

If you look closely below (or in this case to the right) of the mag loader you can see a spare extractor tight against the side, the extractor pin (wedged in and looks like a round bar), and wired in the hole a spare safety nub.

IKEA translates to "made in china" since every item in there, except the thoroughbred meatballs and the jelly, comes from china.... Even the live plants from what I saw. I was always under the impression "furniture" is something you buy in it's completed form. At IKEA every customer is a cabinet or furniture maker.....they just don't realize it until they get home!

I've never looked into production dates on that gun.

The ejector on a Madsen is bulletproof.....steel rail with a relief cut at the ejection point so one of the most solid designs of any subgun. If you mean the extractor, it's about the same as most extractors of the period, but if a person needed to make one, it's one of the easiest. Lots of parts at Numrich including the extractors. I just made an ejector for an Erma and that took a while since there are no decent pictures to work from but that worked first time out. Did you buy it? You always say you're looking for odd and unusual...….this certainly fits the bill. That's pretty much what attracted me. Or you been watching 70's tv shows and older Bond movies? Lots of M50's used in Hollywood. Last couple episodes of the six million dollar man featured thugs with Madsens.

yes, im the buyer....it comes with (2) m53 bolts also...so i think ive got 1 extractor there too...i loaded up on numrich and bought every part they have for the gun...multiples of the main spring...i also read the ejector was a tack weld or something...not a part.....researching it all

and yes i like the unusual....my local gunshop has one on the wall...i always thought it was ugly as hell...then i saw the video with Ian and how it opens up....i look at guns as 1/2 art, 1/2 function....so a gun like this attracts the engineer wanna be personality in me.....

found 10 NIW mags for a decent price......nice to get a gun with spare parts easy/cheap...

production is nov 1950 to 1953...dont know if that means jan 1st 1953 or when?....but it looks like a 2.5 year production.....seller tells me he believes the serial # to be a later production date...i cannot find any reference to how many made and serial #'s.......

getting my C&R finally, so this gun will transfer direct to me.....check is in the mail my friends so this one is SOLD

oh yea----this will be my last machine gun :)

Edited by huggytree

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this from Lee tool and thought it was kinda cool and wanted to share...i got their last 10 NIW mags or close to it...they came in 5 packs all sealed from the early 1950's...one had this label on it....a true time capsule....mags are flawless....i opened it up just a bit to peek inside and closed them back up...saving them as spares, but with the label they may have a bit of extra collector value left NIW

HhEAgnL.jpg

• 10 months later...

9 months later and my Madsen is here today...thanks Chris for the good price and beautiful weapon

cleaning all the cosmoline out of it today, filing down an after market barrel to fit (shorty/threaded)

question for everyone who may own one...the gun was delivered without a buffer on the guide rod. i had a buffer in my spare parts kit..is running without a buffer common? doesnt look like anything ever hit the end of the buffer anyways....buffer is very hard rubber...i dont think it disintegrated like mac buffers do.

Chopper 28 was excellent to deal with through the whole process. I would recommend him to anyone. His level of service/trust out does all the dealers ive bought from over the years..even the top ones you guys all talk about. He did what he said, did it quickly and kept me informed of everything in the process. Thank You Chris!

eB9i7f1.jpg?1

MWzkirH.jpg?1

zbZcafr.jpg?1

I am glad you like it Dave. It is a fun gun and I know your kids will like it. Dave is also a great guy to do business with. Very thurough with quick payment, excellent paperwork and keeps you informed all the way through. Pleasure to do business with. Highly recommended! Thanks Dave.

Chris