Good Deal?

At $8500, it's in the ballpark. Some extras would be nice... Looks like a new/different vertical foregrip. That would indicate the previous owner might have done some aesthetic work to it anyway.

That is one of the lower prices on W.H., in recent months. For some reason, recent ads have brought them to the 10K level.

anybody can ask what they want for anything they want.............if it trips the trigger for 8,500.00 buy it,

however it is so bad we have gone to reblued!!!!!!west hurley gun's,i remember the day when selling colts somebody mentioned those,and people would scoff and go wes.. huuurlee's uhg!!!

they jam don't work,don't fit,bad blue,

my how the times have changed,now we run around like chicken little's saying, get a hurley before they are all gone...they will never be all gone......unless somebody now decides to horde them,which because i opened my big mouth.................wait sssssh!!! i hear it now,keyboards,ups delivery truck's running rampant....gun list ad's.people trying to mark them up 2,000 as we speak...................

we now must get 10,000 or not,and 2004 we must get 12,500.00

and even boat anchor colts are now all 20,000.00..........

i thought i was the only guy to ever want another one........now with the sad state of affairs i am happy with a few,and a custom {to be made soon|21a1 semi sbr............

and the heck with the rest of the tommygun market.........

we have left out the average joe and the above average joe,and consigned them to pics of the gun's.......and semi klones,and replica model's and the like.............

very sad state of a affair's.......

your final answer> is a west hurley worth 8,500.00?? no darn way.they sold in 1986 for 795.00................when a colt was 3,000.00 so i guess now if 8,500.00 is the west hurley price,

then all colts today are 30,000.........give me a freakin break........................

will i sell my two colt's no way............they are going to the n.r.a.museum..............

would i buy a west hurley,for shooting {yes.}for collecting {no!}

but go ahead and get it,the same dealer may mark it up again,if it does not sell this week after jan,1.2004

we.. {excluding myself}...............have done this gun thing a bad thing, gouge,jam,and screw............

at least i can go to the great beyond............with peace of mind..............i was not the problem...........

have fun with this stuff........buy ,buy,buy,keep those thompson's really high,maybe next year...we all can shoot for 35,000 per gun................then what the heck lets make it 50,000............................i want the rich man's wallet.................wink!!! take care,ron

p.s the best joke of all,auto ord,could not even sell these all till 1939....and reduced the price $25.00 to move them..

yep we need another banana war...

Joker, try to get him down to a max of $8k. If he will go $7500 get it. Even hough it has been reblued. You might ask why the reblue job. Was it a closet keeper? Was it damaged or can you get to Longmountain and shoot it to see how and if it runs? If it burns a 50 drum, get it. you can change wood and cosemetics to make it look right. Let us know.

Ron,

It is amazing what is going on. I don't think a rebluing can even impact the value of West Hurley guns since, as you say, they are replicas. It seems that buyers are not responding to the $10K asking figure for them, so Longmountain has to retreat from the current sticker shock. The record of Colts' you have owned is astounding including Thompsons' from Earl, Cox, an historical Dillinger related gun, and strike breaker guns. Do you still own #6011 21AC reported to be 98% original condition?

Would this be of any help to you?

This is what I saw in the summer of 2001. I saved every ad for Thompsons I could find. Here is what was for sale in the summer of 2001:

FS: 28 Thompson WH

Posted By: Carson Yeates >

Date: 7/17/01 19:11

West Hurley 28 Thompson SMG. Excellent condition, only actuator wear marks, runs 100%. All Savage internal parts. Working WH C Drum and WH L Drum

available. Gun and 2 30rd. mags $5500.00. On form 4 in KY. Pictures are available.

NFA Ad Board

FOR SALE SAVAGE 28 A1 THOMPSON

Posted By: MAG

Date: 7/13/01 13:23

SAVAGE 28 A1 THOMPSON. THIS GUN HAS THIN BARRELL, HAS COMPENSATOR, ADJUSTABLE LYMAN SITE, 21 STYLE BUTT STOCK, NO LUG, VERTICLE FOREGRIPS, BRITISH TYPE SLING MOUNTS, BRITISH PROOF MARKS. VERY RARE GUN. LATE PRODUCTION GUN WITH EARLY PRODUCTION FEATURES. $9550. PLUS SHIPPING. MIKE 612-866-1602

NFA Ad Board

WTS: Colt Thompsons

Posted By: Steve >

Date: 7/12/01 14:17

For Sale from my private collection:

1921A Colt Thompson

This is a great gun with matching serial numbers and all correct Colt '21 internals. The wood is in excellent condition. Original Colt bluing shows 92% with only small surface scratches. The bore is bright and shiny.

Your chance to add this hard to find gun to your collection now.

WAS $15,995 alone (no drum)

NOW $14,595 including an Original NY 50rd Drum (a $1,250 value)

1921/28 Colt Thompson Overstamp

This gun is in 87-88% overall condition because it has been re-barreled with a Savage bbl. Would Rate it at 90% without the bbl replacement. The serial numbers match and the internal parts are the correct 21/28 Colt with the nickel actuator. The wood is in excellent condition. A great buy for a Colt these days.

WAS $9,995 alone (no drum)

NOW $9,995 including and Original NY 50rd Drum (a $1,000 value)

Will sell as a pair (with drums) for $24,000.

Other Thompson stuff for sale:

- WWII Canvas 3-cell pouch for the 30rd mags with (3) Seymore 30rd mags, blue very good++ and one parkerized 30rd SWCO mag. Pouch is the dark green in color and has the flap where the oiler is stored.

WAS $175

NOW $125

For more information please contact:

Steve Reed

(702) 838-7572

E-mail: sreed@attglobal.com

NFA Ad Board

FS THOMPSON, COLT AR15A2, STEN MKII

Posted By: Peter Greenwood >

Date: 7/11/01 09:35

M1 THOMPSON, Hurley converted to 1928, finned barrel, detactable stock, takes drum, thirty 30rd mags, one 50rd drum, excellent condition, great shooter $5700.

Colt AR15 A2, Billistics, 19-30rd mags, 12-20rd mags, 1-40rd mag, Gun case, good condition $5000.

STEN MKII, Taylor, 10-50rd mags, 11-32rd mags, mag loader, test fired excellent condition, $2500.

All guns are fully transferable on form 4's

Call Peter 860-677-7020 Est. 9-5pm

NFA Ad Board

WTS;Thompson 1928 w/Drum & Hardcase $6200

Posted By: Tim >

Date: 7/10/01 07:33

This is a West Hurley manufactured gun, condition is excellent. Has Cutts compensater, finned barrel, horizontal forearm. It comes with a AWC F.B.I. Hardcase A Seymour Products 50 Round Drum and 7 or 8 30 round stick mags. Gun runs great. This gun is on a Form 4 in Pa., I will pay the first transfer tax. The price is $6500.00 or if cash is all up front, will discount to $6200.00 and still pay the first transfer. I have a lot of pictures available email for serious parties. Really a nice gun. Thanks, Tim

28 SAVAGE THOMPSON

Posted By: MAG

Date: 7/23/01 15:18

28 SAVAGE THOMPSON. FINNED BARRELL, ADJUSTABLE LYMAN SITE, EARLY BUTT STOCK, 21 STYLE, VERTICLE FOREGRIP, BRITISH PROOF MARKED, BRITISH STYLE SLING MOUNTS, VG+ CONDITION. THIS IS A VERY RARE GUN, LATE PRODUCTION, WITH VERY EARLY FEATURES. GUN SIMILAR IN COX BOOK WITH SAME PROOF MARKS. EXCEPTIONALLY NICE EXAMPLE, ANYONE WOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE IT IN THEIR COLLECTION. $9550. MIKE 612-866-1602

FS COLT AR15A2, THOMPSON M1, STEN MKII

Posted By: Peter Greenwood

Date: 7/20/01 07:14

Colt AR15A2 Billistics, 19-30rd mags, 12-20rd mags, 1-40rd mag. Gun case, Excellent Condition, $5000.

THOMPSON M1 West Hurley, 1928 configuration, finned barrel, detachable stock, takes drum, 30-30rd mags, 1-50 drum, Excellent Condition, Great Shooter, Nice Finish. $5500.

STEN MKII Taylor, 10-50rd mags, 11-32rd mags, mag loader, Excellent Condition, Test fired only. $2500.

All guns are fully tranferable on form 4's Call Peter 860-677-7020 Est. 9-5 PM

FS: Thompson M1 West Hurley

Posted By: Joe Galyon

Date: 7/17/01 23:03

Thompson M1 West Hurley in excellent condition. One of 609 manufactured. Includes complete military parts gun, case and 14 magazines.

$5,000 + transfer fees & tax stamp

August 17, 2001

MILITARY/ AUTOMATIC FIREARMS FOR SALE (View All)

STEYR AUG, Sear conversion, mint, $10,000. 1928 Thompson SMG's, West Hurley, $6,500 ea. MP-40 SMG's from tube receivers, $4,900 ea. Spitfire SMG's, 45 cal., takes 'Greasegun' mags, $1,750 ea. H&R U.S. M-16A1, U.S. Property marked, Norrel mfr., $6,500. Colt M-16A1, $6,500. Ingram M-6 SMG, Curio & Relic list, $3,500 ea. Swedish 'K' SMG's, built by Andrewski, $4,500 ea. SWD M-11 9mm SMG's, NIB, $1,200 ea. Vector UZI SMG's, NIB, $3,200 ea. IMI (Israel) UZI's, (semi conversions) $3,200 ea. H&K MP-5 SMG's, as new, $8,500 ea. H&K MP-5SD, as new, one only, $9,600. Frankfort

MILITARY/ AUTOMATIC FIREARMS WANTED (View All)

AUTO ORDNANCE 1938 Thompson, excellent condition, with FBI hardcase, WWII drum, 7 stick mags., runs great, West Hurley production. $6,500 includes first transfer tax, will discount $300 for cash up front. Photos available via e-mail. Tim 724-728-7806. tpbrown@adelphia.net

Posted By: MG Dave

Date: 8/17/01 01:07

Description

Model: 1928

Origin: USA

Manufacturer: Auto Ordnance Corporation

Circa: 1983

Caliber: .45 cal

Magazine: 30 round

Condition: New in box

Accessories: One 30 rd. magazine

NFA Status: Transferable

Serial Number: WWA2xx

Price: $7900.00

Status: Form 3,Maryland, but will transfer as C&R with one stamp to C&R License

General Description: One of approximately 75 1928 WWII Commemoraive Thompson sub-machine guns manufactured in West Hurley, New York by Auto Ordnance Corporation. Absolutely brand new in original box with original one 30 round magazine, owners manual, ECT. This gun is listed on the ATF registry as a C&R gun because it has intrinsic historic values. This will be a one-transfer gun to a C&R holder.

Thank you for looking, e-mail if interested. Trades also welcome. ,Dave

NOV 3, 2001

Subguns.com NFA Ad Board

WTS/WTT: C&R Savage M1A1 Thompson

Posted By: dz986

Date: 11/1/01 16:37

Original WW2 production Savage M1A1.

Matching serial numbers on upper and lower. Gun was refinished at some point and looks great. Excellent mechanical condition. Wood is very good and matches nicely.

Gun runs perfectly.

Cames with 3 magazines, original Kerr-type sling and box magazine loader.

$8000.00 On Form 4 in Indiana. Buyer pays transfer tax. On out-of-state transfer I'll pay one tax.

I can email pictures to interested parties.

Would consider full/partial trade for Colt M16A1, Swedish K, Sterling, MP40 or etc.

CLIPS & MAGAZINES FOR SALE (View All)

MAGAZINES, HARD to find, Gevarms, Whitney, Thompson drums, Russian PPsh, MP 40, Reising. US carbine (SEY), French MG. Prices start $10 +shipping for more common mags. E-mail: Zenks@gis.net or 508-234-3166.

1928A1 Thompson/West HurleyGA# 976145067 $7,000.00 This is an early 1928A1 AO/West Hurley in 95% condition inside and out.The only wear is on the receiver along the actuator track and the gun functions perfectly. it comes with a 30rd. mag. Seller: SAM- S S FIREARMS Phone: (956) 687-2834 Email: ssf@hiline.net FFL Dealer: Yes

THOMPSON M1GA# 976138243 $8,000.00 BRIDGEPORT LIKE NEW. AUTO ORDINANCE TRANSFERABLE Seller: PETTINATO , TONY Phone: (715) 588-7783 Email: tony@newnorth.net FFL Dealer: No

COLT 1928 OverstampGA# 976101898 $14,895.00 Colt 1921/1928 navy overstamp Thompson Submachinegun. All correct parts. Weapon is 80% plus and has been test fired flawless. Blueing wear is from hard case which is included. Also Includes 5 30 round stick mags, 1 50 round drum, and manual. Priced high, but well worth the change after the trigger is squeezed. check out the photo! Seller: NORTH AMERICAN ARMS Phone: (570) 876-4641 Email: ammo1@mindspring.com FFL Dealer: Yes

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Subguns.com NFA Ad Board

WTS: C&R Thompson

Posted By: Heavy Metal Armory

Date: 11/9/01 13:06

Looking for either a collector piece or a shooter, either way this is the gun for you! Absolutely minty! Price is $6500 and worth every penny...see pics below!

We buy, sell, trade and consign. Florida Class 3 transfers only $50!

Thanks

Drew

Heavy Metal Armory

941-761-4985

Tons of Other Class 3 stuff available....we buy, sell and trade!

Subguns.com NFA Ad Board

Thompson Price Reduced

Posted By: BOB

Date: 11/22/01 21:17

I need to sell my M1A1 Bridgeport Thompson in exc. plus cond. I have reduced the price to $8200. I will pay the first transfer tax. Email me for pictures or call at 409-739-0870 from 10am until 8pm. This gun has not been fired for over 30yrs or more and mainly shows only handeling marks. Must sell to help pay medical bills. I am located in SE Texas.

Subguns.com NFA Ad Board

WTS 1928 NAVY

Posted By: Dan

Date: 11/22/01 14:22

COLT 1928 NAVY OVERSTAMP THOMPSON 92-95% COND. 100% COLT, COMES WITH NY DRUM AND 2 STICK MAGS.AND REPRO FBI CASE.$16,000

Kind of makes you wish you had cleaned out the WH guns for cheap just TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO! They are all going up, but Colts are 16-22K these days MAX.

Jr

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Dec 20 2003, 09:08 PM)
Ron,
It is amazing what is going on. I don't think a rebluing can even  impact the value of  West Hurley guns since, as you say, they are replicas. It seems that buyers are not responding to the $10K asking figure for them, so Longmountain has to retreat from the current sticker shock. The record of Colts' you have owned is astounding including Thompsons' from Earl, Cox, an historical Dillinger related gun, and strike breaker guns. Do you still own #6011 21AC reported to be 98% original condition?

6011 is still as far as i know in a doc's office in wisc.{but it is a 21a}he bought it around 1991, a true 98% and if you know anybody who has ever bought a thompson from me,they know i tell the truth.................except for one wise arse deal i won't get into,and another dairy farmer from wi.who did not like the pics,but what the heck everybody gets a few bump's in so many deal's............if they tell you never give them the lie detector,since i ran with the big boys.......

they told me tales that would roll up the sock's......i have always offered to buy any colt back..........funny no takers,even at a way over profit..................

{you know what that tell's me??}everybody was a happy customer}they just did not get enough wine with the cheese!!wink!!

i also did alot of business with fred vollmer,in my book a great guy.........when he lets me in the back room to look at forty colt's....and p[lay,and pick what i want........

i think i changed every buttstock on every gun,whooop's........i didn't say that..............does the buttstock match sir???

i like the wes hurlee's.............what else we got left. colts that nobody wants to touch or shoot,or handle,heck on my last 21 a i did not want to put a mark on the actuator slot anymore.

and it took me twenty years to find one with a perfect pivot plate and area around it,with no web-hand wear,perfect comp.100% buttplate,perfect lyman with no edge wear.and 100% blue in drum and mag slot area.

heck i can go on for hours on grading them.

i almost wrote a story on that once, {why bore people?}

like i am doing now!!!

i had the time of my life,looking hunting,traveling for these gun's..............

will there ever be days like that for collectors today..........NO WAY!!

its the net, a local dealer now > deceased, a widow who thinks hubby paid 2,237.89 for it and will take 3,000.00 and a pack of lucky's....

i am from a by gone era...........as bob landies once told me about my grading of gun's,'ron you are beyond help"

at least i think that is what he meant .....or did he??

read ole roger cox's word's in his book sure now they are over 23 years old........but they still mean something..........

and fifty years from now some guy will be hawkin a wes hurlee!! and sayin "sonny this was shot by charlie manson at the haight ashbury pumpkin festival in 82"

heck i only want's 129,000........and i take plastic.........

we have come full circle,

i think this board has a bunch of great guys here,and i am sure alot are reading this diatribe.

some will chime in some won't,and some will say whats this guy talkin about............the one's that have the magic will know.to those that don't have any idea,they never will..........since they never had the magic anyway......... and led a terribly freakin boring life anyway..........

well back to the...... med's wink!!

gotta go pop warren oates in "DILLINGER"in the dvd

stare at his plaster cast> death mask on the wall.yep still have it.......one of the twelve or so still in existence....{ the mold is in london ,england}

and cradle gordon's book,gotta light the candles first before opening the first page..........thats the routine.....

and say whooo-eee things are not lookin up for me today......homer -van-meter............

wink....will catch you on the flip side............great bunch of guys here...............i must say................

take care,ron

Colt21a, I don`t know about that WH price for $795.00? I got a WH price guide from 1985-6, it says $1995.00 transferable.IMO the pricing situation is not going to change....so save your money up and buy what you want and deserve...and enjoy!!! KEEPEM`SMOKIN`,out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif