WTB - Doug Richardson 1921A Barrel

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rimcrew

Rimcrew

• Board Benefactor
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:56 PM

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have a Doug R '21A barrel that they are not going to use?

I would like to swap out my original barrel, as I do plan to shoot my Colt from time-to-time.

TIA

#2 bob241

bob241

• Board Donor
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, lugers, 1966 Shelbys

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:24 AM

If I had a 21 Colt (I do not) and wanted to shoot it, and protect the  original  barrel, I would purchase a barrel from Thompson Barrels,com, It is around $260.00 and is a close copy of the original, It is a Green Mountain blank that is finished to a colt 21 specifications.

http://thompsonbarrels.com/

#3 Vettom

Vettom

• Board Benefactor
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:TSMGs, guns, more guns and C3 Corvettes

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:28 AM

I have one on mine Attached File  D254B97A-567C-4CE9-A111-AE421B789DA4.jpeg   171.85K   35 downloadsAttached File  D254B97A-567C-4CE9-A111-AE421B789DA4.jpeg   171.85K   35 downloads

#4 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 3372 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:44 PM

Rimcrew,

If you have the tools or friends to do the barrel swap yourself, the Green Mountain barrels may be a good choice. If mine, I would send to PK and have him install one of his barrels and pin the front sight or compensator to the barrel for a more professional appearance. PK has the tall Colt style ring front sights in stock for the 21A look. Any after market or World War II compensator would provide the 21AC look. I would not remove the front sight or compensator from the original Colt's barrel. 

Good luck! 

#5 Tiz

Tiz

• Regular Group
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Skeet, Trap, Reloading, Shooting, and anything Full Auto

Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:24 AM

Will PK even do that since he is backed up about 5 years and not taking any more reservations in his queue?  

#6 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2558 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, old airplanes, and guns.

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:24 PM

Will PK even do that since he is backed up about 5 years and not taking any more reservations in his queue?  

PK has done smaller gunsmithing jobs for me (that had to be done RIGHT) that did not involve full rebuilding or refinishing. Contact him. 

#7 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Old Motorcycles, Sharpes Rifles , Thompson Machine Guns

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

I had PK replace a barrel on a Colt I bought from Collectors Firearms in Houston.When i bought the gun it had a bulged barrel....when they shipped me the gun it had a Savage barrel on it.PK took it in pretty quick and it was about $400 for the shebang. the best!     

#8 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 3372 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:30 PM

It is my understanding PK does not spend 100% of his shop time re-manufacturing West Hurley Thompson guns. I believe PK is able to perform the much smaller jobs on a timely basis. His work is second to none. I would call or e-mail him for more information.  

#9 Rimcrew

Rimcrew

• Board Benefactor
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for all the replies.  I love this place!